Monitor is very dark, shows windows start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjayem

Hi all
Monitor shows windows start screen then goes dark I can see the images if i hold a light to the screen. so the monitor is on, just very dark.
I have a two monitor set up and the main monitor works fine. when I switch the trouble monitor to primary it acts the same as it did as a secondary, and the monitor that is working fine still works as a secondary.
Thanks for the help
rj

thats what i thought

Thanks for the reply mailpup,
that is what I thought, but I just turned some startup stuff off in msconfig, and the monitor started working again. turned off hp something, yahoo messenger, open office however i installed open office after i began having problems with the monitor
and probably something I can't remember. I could go back and turn everything back on one at a time to see if it has any effect but I don't want to take the chance it won't work again. Have you heard of any conflicts with duel monitor setup with some programs.
Thanks again
rj

I haven't heard of any conflicts but that doesn't mean there aren't any. If you haven't already, you might want to update your graphics card driver.

I would suspect that it's an intermittent fault with the monitor that will get worse. Probably the backlight inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back