Monitor not working with new GPU

tomasbulak

Hello I have a problem with my monitor I have just changed my GPU and I am using HDMI to DVI cable but when I start my computer everything works fine except of monitor... than I connected my PC with the same keyboard to a TV and it worked fine, I really don´t understand why it is not working.

If I connect it like that..
GPU>DVI-D>HDMI>TV (working)
GPU>HDMI>DVI-D>monitor (not woking)
Laptop>HDMI>DVI-D>monitor (working)

First, does GPU - DVI - Monitor work?

If so, check GPU for bad HDMI port?

Need more to go further...What are components specifications? Might be setting on Monitor or GPU. Your setup indicates use of adapters to make transitions - my experience is that adapters are less reliable.

First, does GPU - DVI - Monitor work?

If so, check GPU for bad HDMI port?

Need more to go further...What are components specifications? Might be setting on Monitor or GPU. Your setup indicates use of adapters to make transitions - my experience is that adapters are less reliable.

I tried to connect GPU to Monitor with DVI-D single link(females on GPU and monitor are dual links) but it is not working
I am sure that all ports are ok because I tested them with other monitors and laptops
My GPU is Gigabyte R9 270X
and monitor is Acer g226hql

Last edited:
From ACER MANUAL
Troubleshooting: No picture visible (NOT A NO SIGNAL)

LED Status: White
Using the OSD, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings.

LED Status: Off
Check the power switch. Check if the AC power cord is properly connected to the monitor.

LED Status: Amber
Check if the video signal cable is properly connected at the back of monitor. Check that the computer system is
switched on and in power saving/ standby mode

Additional thought, confirm resolution set in GPU matches how the monitor is set.

From ACER MANUAL
Troubleshooting: No picture visible (NOT A NO SIGNAL)

LED Status: White
Using the OSD, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings.

LED Status: Off
Check the power switch. Check if the AC power cord is properly connected to the monitor.

LED Status: Amber
Check if the video signal cable is properly connected at the back of monitor. Check that the computer system is
switched on and in power saving/ standby mode

Additional thought, confirm resolution set in GPU matches how the monitor is set.

It actually is a no signal problem and blue led is blinking on the monitor

Lets go back over what we know:
GPU>HDMI>DVI-D>monitor (not working)
GPU>DVI-D>monitor (not working)
Laptop>HDMI>DVI-D>monitor (working)
GPU>DVI-D>HDMI>TV (working)

It is a 'no signal' problem - monitor does work when connected to laptop
Cable for HDMI>DVI-D works for Laptop - so its not a bad cable

So unless something above is wrong, there is nothing wrong and it should work

Set it up the way you want it. Power everything off. remove both power cables for 30 seconds, then reconnect and power it up together.

Didn´t help still the same I really don´t understand how is this even possible ....
Agreed. Read the manual and double check your work...because we have every individual piece working properly some of the time. Of course, just one flaky connection could be the cause - isolating it is hard.

Back