More Galaxy S20+ details leak: 120Hz screen, in-display scanner, no headphone jack

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: It’s less than a month until Samsung reveals its next flagship handsets, which we now know will be called the Galaxy S20 series, rather than the S11. As is always the case in the run-up to new phone releases, details are arriving thick and fast, and the latest involves the Galaxy S20+.

We’ve already seen leaked images of the Galaxy S20+ that show off its quad-camera array. Now, XDA developers has revealed more information along with a brief hands-on video.

Like several other smartphones, the S20+ comes with a higher refresh rate than the standard 60Hz, offering a 120Hz option, though this will only work at Full HD. The phone also features 3,200 x 1,440 pixels and a 20:9 aspect ratio—all handsets in the series use this resolution and aspect ratio.

Another feature is the ultrasonic under-display fingerprint scanner. Samsung has experienced issues with the technology, which appears in the S10 and Note 10, leading to speculation that it might switch to an optical scanner in the S20, but this isn’t the case.

The S20+ lacks a headphone jack but does come with a set of AKG USB Type-C earbuds that could be the same as those bundled with the Note 10. It also supports 25W fast charging and has a Super Fast Charger in the box.

Other specs include a massive 12GB of RAM and 128GB of storage along with a rated battery capacity of 4,500 mAh (4,350 mAh minimal). The exact screen size is still unknown, though you can see in the photo below that it’s larger than the S10+.

There will be three phones in the S20 range—Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra—with the S20 rumored to measure 6.3 inches and the S20 Ultra featuring a 6.9-inch display.

We’ll find out the accuracy of these details when the S20 series, and likely the Galaxy Z Flip (possibly called the Bloom), are revealed on February 11.

Permalink to story.

Well, I'm up for my upgrade this year, and I'll be staying with the S line from Samsung. I'm leaning towards the S20+ this time around.

No headphone jack? Well, I'll be sitting on my S10 then, saves me a lot of time to think about upgrading.

I hope that battery rating is wrong. 4500 isnt big enough if they are pushing power hungry 5G radios and want to match the 11 pro battery runtimes. Needs 5000+, especially if there is no headphone jack.

I've got the note 10 plus and I'm part of the samsung upgrade programme. I've got 256gb on board so the top line s20 ultra will be a step down for me. I'm not interested in the s20 ultrq as it's no better than what I've got already.
Hopefully by August the note 20 plus will be out.
As for the screen. The note 10 plus does 680ish pixels which is above the maximum pixel level that humans can actually see. So there's nowhere to go with pixel count as anything above the human capability is invisible
We shall see what we shall see with the new range
Or not!!!

Back