Motherboard questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaming? You generally don't look at the motherboard for gaming (unless it's for Overclocking options, of which that board likely has none). It has a PCI-E port, so yeah, with the right cpu and gpu, you can game on it, but that's the same as just about every other motherboard out there.

It will work, but not spectacularly, nothing 'good' about it, but it should work fine.

To keep the price low, I would go with the $77 ASRock P43Twins1600 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail, which should be FAR superior. If you are worried about the lower reviews, you can go with the Gigabyte version for $84. As far as I can tell, the ASRock tends to be a 'noob' board, little features and not built for intensive overclocking or such.

If you are really going for low money it is possible to use an older P31 chipset, which is the same as the ASRock p43 but is less efficient (thus more heat), older, and is generally not as good as the p43.
GIGABYTE GA-P31-ES3G LGA 775 Intel P31 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail. If you are fine with $100, I would say get either the Gigabyte P43 or an Asus P5Q or similar p45 board.

What is your budget, and what CPU and GPU are you planning? It probably won't matter but...

Edit, just curios. your profile says you have a p5Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back