Moto 360 specs and price leaked by Best Buy

Himanshu Arora

Staff

Electronics retailer Best Buy on Sunday put up a listing for Motorola's upcoming Moto 360 smart watch on their website, revealing its price as well as features and specs. The page was pulled shortly after the word got out.

According to the listing, the device will sport a 1.5-inch backlit LCD touch screen with a 320x290 resolution at 205 pixels per inch. There's also a Texas Instruments CPU, 512 MB RAM, lithium-ion battery, and Gorilla Glass 3.

moto google android specs best buy leak motorola mobility price wearable technology wearable smartwatch moto 360

Other features include a built-in optical heart-rate monitor, pedometer, voice-activated command response system, vibration alert, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi. The smart watch is water-resistant up to 3.3 feet for up to 30 minutes, has a stainless steel case, plastic back, leather band, and will be compatible with most devices running Android 4.3 or later.

The Moto 360 will retail for $249.99, which is in line with past rumors. As for availability, the big box retailer isn't saying just when the gadget will ship.

A point worth noting here is that product pages haven't always been correct. This means that the details of the listing may not be entirely accurate. For more conclusive details, you'll have to wait for the official unveiling of the smart watch, which is expected to happen in Chicago on September 4th.

Permalink to story.

Motorola really has to slim down the watches thickness by a yard or so in their next version. I'd have to wear shirts with cuffs like Liberace's if I was to wear it with long sleeved shirts.

Omg, the 'pic' shows a fugly smartwatch... and it can tell time and temperature, too!.

I'm only interested in this feature: 'built-in optical heart-rate monitor', whatever it is. heart rate monitor is very good; built-in means it's already within the device; the optical part worries me .

I wonder if smart watches will start growing in size like their big brother the smartphone. I can picture 10 years down the road someone having a 5 inch smart watch on their wrist. We can call it a wablet(watch/tablet).

Back