Moving Router

Infernoleader

I was just thinking about moving my router upstairs and wondering if it would need any rewiring or if I would be good to go

Radio sends better UPWARDs than downwards - - so what devices are upstairs vs down?

One solution is EoP (Ethernet over Power). I have a Netgear XAV201 and the slave device is at the far end of the house where I installed a wifi router. Plug one near the Modem/router and cable it to the router. The slave can go anywhere in the house to put Internet into that room.

My network look like
upload_2017-11-23_11-32-32.png

Radio sends better UPWARDs than downwards - - so what devices are upstairs vs down?

One solution is EoP (Ethernet over Power). I have a Netgear XAV201 and the slave device is at the far end of the house where I installed a wifi router. Plug one near the Modem/router and cable it to the router. The slave can go anywhere in the house to put Internet into that room.

My network look like
View attachment 83741
Yep, I have a Tplink WiFi booster. Would internet over power work better/be more reliable?

Mine has been ROCK SOLID now for over two years - - best extender there is. Neat part, you can also add multiple slaves;
eg: Basement, second floor bedroom, first floor den across the house

Back