Mozilla releases Firefox 4 RC for Android, Maemo

Emil

Staff

Mozilla has released Firefox 4 Release Candidate for Android and Maemo. You can get the new version from the Android Market to test on your Android device or go to Firefox.com/Mobile/Beta to get it in on your Nokia Maemo device. The new build is available in more than 10 languages on a list of supported devices.

"This release offers faster scrolling, better responsiveness with Firefox Sync and improves the overall user experience of Firefox," a Mozilla spokesperson said in a statement. "Firefox 4 for Android and Maemo brings the performance and customization of Firefox to mobile devices with features like Firefox Sync, Awesome Screen, tabbed browsing and Firefox Add-ons, to create a personalized and effortless mobile browsing experience." The video below gives shows you a closer look of what's new:

In the last beta, Mozilla noted that its Mobile Add-ons Gallery offered more than 100 add-ons to customize the features, functionality, and look of Firefox for mobile. This number has not grown very much since.

To contact Mozilla with suggestions, tap Give Feedback on the Firefox for mobile Start page. For more information on this new build, check out the release notes for a full list of features, updates, and improvements included in this release.

Permalink to story.

Why can't I get FireFox on my iDevice? One answer, Apple is a company formed by dicks with dicks working there. They are too cheap and tightwads to approve of a good web-browser, other than the 2 communist browsers there are on the App S(hit)tore, Safari and Opera.

Guest said:
Why can't I get FireFox on my iDevice? One answer, Apple is a company formed by dicks with dicks working there. They are too cheap and tightwads to approve of a good web-browser, other than the 2 communist browsers there are on the App S(hit)tore, Safari and Opera.

I don't like Apple, but in this case, its not their fault; not technically. You see, Mozilla never even submitted Firefox to the App Store in the first place, this is because, as Mozilla has publicly stated, Apple's constricted system would make the continuous development of Firefox simply unfeasible.

So yeah, do a little bit of research before bashing people.

Back