MPC Player

learninmypc

Is it ONLY for videos or can I play tunes on it too? I tried playing a folder of tunes but it won't. It does play single songs but thats no fun.

By MPC, I assume you are referring to Media Player Classic. Yes MPC will play music from a playlist. I don't know how many different types of playlist, MPC will play from. I do know M3U is one MPC does recognize.

From your music folder the following line will create a M3U playlist of all MP3's including any subfolders. If you don't wish to include subfolders omit the "/s".

dir /s/b *.MP3 > playlist.m3u​

After which you can edit the playlist and remove or add lines as you see fit. Once finished you open the playlist the same way you open a single song.

By MPC, I assume you are referring to Media Player Classic. Yes MPC will play music from a playlist. I don't know how many different types of playlist, MPC will play from. I do know M3U is one MPC does recognize.

From your music folder the following line will create a M3U playlist of all MP3's including any subfolders. If you don't wish to include subfolders omit the "/s".

dir /s/b *.MP3 > playlist.m3u​

After which you can edit the playlist and remove or add lines as you see fit. Once finished you open the playlist the same way you open a single song.
Yes, I am talking about Media Player Classic & thanks for your help. Will give it a shot.

Think the developers of MPC stopped updating it couple years ago, then someone else started on MPC-HC using codes from MPC. Think that's how the story went. Anyway, I typically just refer to it as MPC.

As Cliffordcooley mentioned, MPC-HC can play from folder. I don't use playlist, actually, I don't use this for MP3, Winamp is what I use. Anyway, if you select Open Directory and select a folder, it'll play the files in that folder.

MPC_01.png

MPC_02.png

Just found out couple more things. You can do Open Directory multiple times to add songs you want to play from several folders. And if you right click in the playlist (Ctrl-7), you'll see these options. Save As will save the current playlist.

Clipboard01.png

Back