MS update question

learninmypc

Long stort short I was having odd problems with Google Chrome so using revo I uninstalled it & rebooted. As it (W10) was coming back up, I saw it say "Preparing Windows". After that cleared , my desktop was there with the Windows 10 logo & NOT the picture I had. Desktop icons weren't/aren't on the taskbar where I preferred them & amongst other changes, I can't find out where in the Control Panel to change the mouse from double click to single click like I've had it for many many years.
Sorry, I do not like having to double click, thank you :) Help if you can.

Absolutely the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. I rebooted again & everything is back to where it was. WT??? is going on ????

Not sure, but might it be because I had to use my (MS) hotmail addy to access My Pictures folder? A similiar situation happened months back when I first got W10, it made me log on to my desktop with my MS hotmail addy but a poster in here got me back on track.
But then it could just be a glitch. Living life confused but ok.

Click on lower left Windows icon. Click on the topmost symbol (about 1/8th way up) in far left just above Windows icon. Then sign out of the login you are currently in. Then select the login you want.

I don't know what the puck is going on but its pizzing me off. Was running Adwarecleaner when it told me I had to reboot to complete the cleaning process. Did such,logged in with the passwod I changed it to ,it said Welcome but the desktop picture was the W10 logo & there was something there about it not being the ms password I think, I did not read it fully, I had to reinstall both FF & GC, lost more pics . Any idea what the he!! is going on?? GRRrr mad as hell:mad::mad::mad:

Unclear what FF & GC are.

When you are logged out, what are the user profiles that are available to you to login with? Is the one you want missing?

Supposing it is missing, it would then appear that you have lost a user profile. It might be an issue with your storage device or something ran rogue with the Adawarecleaner.

KEEP CAREFUL NOTES.

First, find and backup the data files which you care about! Hopefully, you have done this already.

If this is so, then in your shoes I would try to recover the profile by following complete and careful instructions like these:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-fix-corrupt-user-profile-in-windows-7-3495216/

PRINT THIS OUT. KEEP CAREFUL NOTES.

Do yourself a favor and make an extra admin account with password you will remember.

FF is Firefox & GC is Google Chrome. I don't know exactly what you mean by logging out, I simply click start>power icon>restart & it restarts. When I ran that program, it simply said it needed to restart the computer to complete the cleaning.
The only user profile I have & want is the one I created when this was W7. If I need to return to the MS login to keep this from happening again, I will. I will look at the link you provided :)

"I don't know exactly what you mean by logging out"
Click on Windows icon (lower left), highlight icon for current user, click and choose 'sign out'.

Look at all icons available after you sign out - are any of these the one you are looking for?

No. It gets confused sometimes - so you need to be ready to do this, but shouldn't have to every time. Your mileage may vary.

You are welcome...and take this time to be sure you have backups of your key data. I use 3 64GB flash drives (grandfather, father, son).

Back