About 2 weeks ago the batteries died in it so I used a USB mouse till I could replace the batteries. Replaced the batteries, removed the USB mouse & now MS wireless mouse is acting "sticky". I was forced to go back to my USB mouse. I've been in the Mouse settings & have done everything but reset the settings. I've been told optical mouses(mice) need a highly reflective surface so I was using a blank sheet of notebook paper which didn't help much. My USB mouse works fine on the wood colored desk, but the MS optical mouse won't. I even used a Q-tip to clean the optical area of it, still no joy. Any suggestion?