MS wireless mouse kinda jerky

learninmypc

About 2 weeks ago the batteries died in it so I used a USB mouse till I could replace the batteries.
Replaced the batteries, removed the USB mouse & now MS wireless mouse is acting "sticky".
I was forced to go back to my USB mouse.
I've been in the Mouse settings & have done everything but reset the settings.
I've been told optical mouses(mice) need a highly reflective surface so I was using a blank sheet of notebook paper which didn't help much. My USB mouse works fine on the wood colored desk, but the MS optical mouse won't.
I even used a Q-tip to clean the optical area of it, still no joy.
Any suggestion? :confused:

Its still jerky after resetting it to default setting's, so I'm back using a corded optical mouse:( in hopes of finding a solution.

*EDIT*ABSOLUTELY the most bizarre situation I've ever see. I've removed one of the two batteries in the mouse & so far it has improved considerably. Talk about being confused. How can this be ???:confused:

Well, as usual, that too was short lived. I used same mouse at original owners place numerous times with no problems & now this:mad: :confused: Back to my corded USB Logitech mouse

Hey, jsut to let you know we're not all ignoring you. :) I just don't really know what to suggest!

The only thing I can think of now is that it could be coming into contact with radio interference..? This is why corded is always best!

Hey, jsut to let you know we're not all ignoring you. :) I just don't really know what to suggest!

The only thing I can think of now is that it could be coming into contact with radio interference..? This is why corded is always best!
Ok, my tv is within a foot or less of it,my monitor is as close & the tower is about 2.5 feet from mouse.
When it was at the original owners house, the mouse was about 2' from tower & monitor & no functioning tv & no problems like I'm experiencing now. Drivers are up to date.:confused: No problems with wireless keyboard.

I think I've found out why it was "jerky", I washed the top of my desk & its behaving a bit better now.
Hopefully it'll continue to behave better. :)

I've been told optical mouses(mice) need a highly reflective surface...
Maybe so but not in my experience. My optical mice work fine with an ordinary mouse pad, matte finish and non-reflective. Try a mouse pad and see what happens.

Right now, I'm just using the wood colored top of my desk & it seems to be ok. I do have a couple mouse pads I'll move it into hoping mr. mice likes it.:)

Well, it don't matter what type of mouse pad I use. One is a dull black one,like that, one is a rubberized one
2013-04-14 16-23-13.875.jpg
& the desk I'm using had a wood type finish.
The odd thing is the original owner didn't have these problems.One confusing situation for me. I guess it'll be back to corded mice & keyboard since my wireless MS keyboard is also acting up.:confused:

I think I've solved the problem. I've moved my KB closer to the tower & its working better.
As for my jerky mouse, I've always had it set to where I move my hand less to move my mouse more, the "fast" setting. I've put it midway & although I have to move my hand more, so far it is working.
If this fails down the road,I'm not going to bother you patient people with it. Thank you everybody for your patience & input.:)

Back