MSI launches new desktop PCs with 10th-gen Intel CPUs, starting at $319

nanoguy

Staff member
In context: With people and organizations looking to adapt to working remotely, PC sales have seen a surge that has in turn improved the bottom line of manufacturers. MSI is responding accordingly with a new line of inexpensive Windows PCs with refreshed internals designed for a silent workspace.

MSI has launched several new desktop PCs in all-in-one and small form factors, equipped with Intel's 10th generation 'Comet Lake-U' CPUs. The company's Cubi 5 10M mini PC can be equipped with i3/i5/i7 U-series processors, and has a mix of six USB ports (including a USB-C port), an Ethernet port, an HDMI 1.4 port, and a DisplayPort 1.2.

You can configure this tiny PC with up to a six-core CPU, 64 GB of DDR4 RAM and PCIe SSDs, which is overkill for its intended use as a silent office PC that can also be attached to a monitor with a VESA mount.

The final configured price may be a little steep for some, so MSI also made the Cubi N 8GL, which uses more modest Celeron and Pentium processors from the Gemini Lake family and starts at $319. It has fewer ports, but it includes a VGA port that makes it easy to pair with older monitors.

For those looking for all-in-one solutions, MSI has made the MSI Pro 16T 10M, which is designed for organizations that still make extensive use of older printers, POS, and barcode scanners that use COM ports.

If that's not your cup of tea, there's also the PRO 24X 10M, which features a more modern setup with a larger, 24-inch display and the ability to easily upgrade your 2.5-inch storage drive through a dedicated slot on the back of the device. Both AIO PCs start at $499.

Permalink to story.

These are really good for travelers. I take mine with me when I go to southeast Asia. Connect it to Wifi and it makes the condo's HDTV into a computer so you can have easier access to content you actually want when you get bored with local TV.

The 10th Generation i3 is powerful enough to gain my respect. My problem is I want to see these minis with RTX 2060 graphics built in.

These are really good for travelers. I take mine with me when I go to southeast Asia. Connect it to Wifi and it makes the condo's HDTV into a computer so you can have easier access to content you actually want when you get bored with local TV.

The 10th Generation i3 is powerful enough to gain my respect. My problem is I want to see these minis with RTX 2060 graphics built in.

The tradeoff is simply space to accommodate the cooling solution. You want an 80W GPU, you need an 80W cooling solution. And you may not want one that sounds like a rice rocket.

Also IIRC you can't put laptop class GPUs in desktops, something about how the licensing works. I looked into this years ago, pining for something sensible like a quad laptop i5 with a mobile GTX 1060 and it doesn't exist because of market segmentation and licensing.

Hope MSI and others come out with USFF PC's using the new AMD Ryzen processors. The mobile 4000 series has some serious power.

It's pretty nice, but I honestly wish they had made it 1" taller and included a fan. Maybe I'm old fashion but any amount of flow through cooling is going to benefit the CPU and other guts and the taller profile just isn't a turn off for me ......

It's pretty nice, but I honestly wish they had made it 1" taller and included a fan. Maybe I'm old fashion but any amount of flow through cooling is going to benefit the CPU and other guts and the taller profile just isn't a turn off for me ......

These things all have fans. Every single NUC had a fan and this thing comes with up to an i7. That's wayyy into fan territory. The only mainstream computer in recent memory that didn't come with a fan was the 2015-2018 Macbook.

I have had an Azulle Byte3 with NO fan for a couple of years... NO problems, NO fan and works great! (Oh, and comes with Win10 Pro)

Back