MSI unveils new business-minded notebook, P600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

MSI today introduced a new notebook for "the businessman on the go." The P600 has a 15.6-inch 1366x768 display and is outfitted with Intel's latest mobile platform, complete with a Core i5 processor and HM55 chipset. Also under the hood are two DDR3 SO-DIMM slots with support for up to 4GB of RAM, a 250GB, 320GB or 500GB 2.5-inch hard drive, a DVD drive, and an eight-cell battery.

The system also carries a chiclet keyboard, a multipoint touchpad, a fingerprint reader, and a 1.3-megapixel webcam. The P600 covers the typical I/O gamut, including two USB 2.0 ports, eSATA, HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, and audio jacks. It runs Windows 7 Home Premium and ships with MSI's "ECO Engine Power Saving Technology," and face recognition software.

The company hasn't specified a launch date or price, but details should be available soon enough.

Permalink to story.

Looks like a nice notebook, I really like the face recognition feature. MSI is know for putting out good motherboards as well. It will be interesting to see where the price falls on this model.

MSI are really working their way into the notebook market thoroughly nowadays I've only ever used one of their laptops which was gaming oriented, but i can say from what I've experienced they have good build quality.

hello ...

really nice, MSI seems to have better hardware these days, well since quite long though! ...

if a blu-ray drive was present would make it perfect, LOL!

cheers!

I guess their not targetting 'real' businesses then, just sole-traders or something, or they'd be shipping it with the Pro version of Windows 7, not Home! How pathetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back