Multiple Network One LAN

Please bear with me on my limited knowledge. I currently live in a dorm with internet service provided using a LAN cable. I connect using the same LAN but it shows different network. And what is frustrating is that it will connect in one but not the other. For example if it shows Network 3 then it will run just fine, but if it shows Network 4 then I can't connect at all. Also in other Network in which I can't connect it will pop up a login prompt for Tenda router

Please help I am very desperate, I have tried everything from flushing dns resetting network setting restarting computer manually obtain DNS everything does not work out.

For example if it shows Network 3 then it will run just fine
If it runs "just fine", what's the problem ?
If it runs "just fine" why are you "very desperate" ?

If it runs "just fine", what's the problem ?
If it runs "just fine" why are you "very desperate" ?
Hi david, I forgot to elaborate that most of the time it will connect on network 4 which always have limited access status. Whether it shows Network 3 or Network 4 is on random

Can you post a screenshot ?
& explain why this connection is a problem ?

Can you post a screenshot ?
& explain why this connection is a problem ?
Sorry there seems to be a problem uploading the pic. I'll try to explain it to you. Now it is currently showing Network 2, this is after I rebooted the computer. Before that it shows Network 4. Both have No Internet Access at all. However a few hours ago I managed to connect to internet when it shows Network 3. Hope this makes sense to you

Last edited:
screenshot_28.jpg

I have edited the response but just in case you didn't received it :

Sorry there seems to be a problem uploading the pic. I'll try to explain it to you. Now it is currently showing Network 2, this is after I rebooted the computer. Before that it shows Network 4. Both have No Internet Access at all. However a few hours ago I managed to connect to internet when it shows Network 3. Hope this makes sense to you

I hope this will be enough as I keep encountering problem uploading the picture. But if you can't help then thank you for your time

Imo,
You have a DHCP problem in normal mode

login as admin or runas /user:administrator cmd (and provide the password)
enter these:
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • netsh stop "dns client"
  • netsh start "dns client"
  • netsh winsock reset catalog
  • netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
NOW reboot

With this complex LAN setup, you may need to do this every time you attempt to connect :sigh:

Back