Multiple USB device driver installations failing

Windows 7 64 Bit / MSI P965 Platinum Mother Board

I have three USB driver installations failing. I believe this is related to ' USB', because installations of other software unrelated to USB devices install just fine. Might it be a Windows Installer Service, appears to be running fine?

Failing Device Driver Installations;
1) IOGEAR USB 3 PCIe card
Problem: The installer runs part way through the "Preparing to install' process and goes into limbo. I have tried three USB cards by different manufacturers and get the same problem. Tried several Renesas installers, all failed.

Microsoft Windows Installer says: 'Stopped working. Files that help describe the problem: AppCompat.txt, WERInternalMetadata.xml, WERDataCollection failure'.

2) APC Battery Backup 'PowerChute' Software
Problem: : The installer runs part way through the "Preparing to install' process and goes into limbo -or- I get an error message telling me to check the USB connection. APC cable is pulgged into a native port, not a hub. APC has no solution.

3) Logitech Harmony One Remote Software (Finally installed in 'Safe' Mode
Error: : The installer runs part way through the "Preparing to install' process and goes into limbo, but, when I went into 'Safe Mode' the software installed properly. Installation of the other two examples yield the Windows 'can't be installed in safe mode'

Help Appreciated - IM

You might want to consider re-installing Windows using Repair Mode... that usually fixes the issue for us.

Buckshot420 - Thank for the tip! I'll remember not to visit here again, way too old to put up with crap. So sorry to bother you . . .

Imageman

Do you have the factory disc for windows 7?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If you have the disc, you will need to boot from the disc. Your computer may ask you to press a key to boot from the disc, otherwise it will boot into windows.

After a few seconds you will be asked to choose a language, then it will ask you if you would like to repair an existing installation of install a new copy. Choose the repair option then follow the prompts.

This may not be exact, but the steps are fairly simple.

Thanks you bgandy - I've run out of timke, but I'll give your suggestion a try when I get a moment and let you know if it worked - Best, IM

Back