My Chemical BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to open with the following:

I'm awfully sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong side of the forum.

Greetings, people of techspot.com!

My problem, is ye good olde Bluescreen. I have come to the point where I am totally and absolutely clueless about what to do, and I have no idea what is causing it.

To begin with, I suspected it was related to a graphics card driver, as the message the bluescreen gave me was; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. However, after uninstalling, reinstalling, then uninstalling and trying an older driver, I still Bluescreen. Also tried formatting and reinstalling Windows, but nothing (I currently run Vista by the way).

All I can say after reinstalling windows and trying a different driver, I now bluescreen less frequently, although this is hard to measure, considering it always happen randomly. It mostly happens while I'm playing games on my computer.

Today, after the first and only bluescreen today, I opened the problem report, and it gave me the following message:

Problemsignature:
Name of problem: BlueScreen
OS-versjon: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
ID for nasjonal innstilling: 1044

Adittional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007f
BCP1: 00000008
BCP2: 822570C0
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that are contributing to describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini020110-01.dmp
C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27003-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8A06.tmp.version.txt

(Tried to translate from Norwegian the best I could)

I then tried to google the whole ordeal, and the results mostly pointed towards my RAM. After running memtest without errors, I am now really starting to pull my hair out.

My speccs are:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHZ
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GS

I guess some info is lacking, but I really have very limited knowledge about computers in general. So here I am, asking the experts.

- Ludvig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back