My computer is randomly freezing then unfreezing

gabriel jaimez

Well I built this computer mainly for gaming a cheap build I only spent about 430$ on it and ive only had the computer for a month in a half and the freezing started about the same day I got the computer running. When my compute freezes im still able to move my mouse but not able to click anything, and if im listening to music or if im in a skype call im still able to listen to the music for like 30 seconds and the skype call goes on for 30 seconds to.The freezing most of the time lasts about 1 minute then unfreezes and my computer freezes at any time.Also when my computer is running regularly I can here the disk drive move little by little but when it freezes it stops completely.

anyone have any ideas ? thanks for the help

What are this computers specs? Motherboard, power supply, CPU etc?

Ok my power supply is a Corsair cx430 and my motherboard is a msi FM2-A75MA-E35 and I have a APU AMD A10 5800K Quad core processor and my ram is a 4GB Corsair VENGENANCE and I have windows 8.1 thanks for the reply by the way I was starting to lose hope in this.

By the way the only thing that isn't new is my hard drive

Not necessarily... How do you have the bios set up? Any extra antivirus or anti malware programs installed? Windows 8 may have its own protection software included...

Sorry this is vary new to me ive never been in my bios and no there was no antivirus program and I dont no what molware is sorry again

Could it be the apu I herd that they get hot fast and im using a stock fan that came with it .But it is winter over here and it stays about in the 40's or 50's

You said you built this PC yourself didn't you? If you did, is this your first? It's winter here too. We just set a low record of -42F the other day here in Montana, USA

The AMD Accelerated Processing Unit temps look okay. I am an Intel guy so I am not very familiar with the bios settings. Are you using the on-board APU video? If you are, you may need to get a good fair-priced add-on video card inorder to play the games you want on this computer...

Back