My computer keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I just finised upgrading my computer...switched cases, processors, and added a tuniq tower 120 with some new fans and fan controller. The rest of my computer has stayed the same. I hooked everthing up just as I did, when I first built the computer about a year ago. Everything seemed fine until after the POST...It won't even make it to the windows startup screen. It just restarts.

I played with alot of different things and I am pretty sure it is related to the hard drives somehow. Currently I have a western digital 80 gb (IDE) and a 320 gb (SATA). The only reason I am still using the IDE drive is because I couldn't get windows to load properly on the other when I built it. Seems like a very similar problem.

I'm running windows xp pro...it was installed on the 80 gb, but while I was trying to fix the problem, I deleted windows and tried to re-install it...still no luck.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The motherboard might be shorting to the case. Try running the board outside the case and see if it runs normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back