My computer shuts off and gives me a bluescreen

keiona80

My computer shuts off gives me a blue screen after about an hour, someimes longer, sometimes shorter. I'm not sure if it's software, hardware, drivers, or what really.

It is a desktop computer
Microsoft windoows xp media center edition version2002 service pack 3
Amd athlon(tm) 64 processor 3400+ 2.39 ghz 2.00 gb ram

I tried, but I am able to really understand those directions and Iam scaredf to mess something up. Also, I dont have any floppy discs. I can figure my way somewhat around a computer but not completely computer savvy.

This may be caused by a bad power supply, so you might be better off by taking this computer to a repair shop

A bad power supply? from the computer or my wall outlet? Wish I had money to take it to a shop. So you are unable to help? Is there another forum like this you know of that I can maybe try? I did just get help removing some MAJOR virus problems on another computer from this forum. I thought this would have to be way easier to deal with than that was.

Tmagic650 is referring to the computer's power supply. Do you have access to another power supply you can temporarily swap out to test with?

XP is no longer supported. Your computer is probably getting very old now and it is in need of repair. No other forum can "fix" this for you. It needs hands on help

Yes I have another computer if thats what you mean would it help if Itold you what the blue screen says, just in case it says:

STOP 0xBAD0B0B0 0x00000008 0xBAD0B0B0 0x00000003

Back