My Computer Wont Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rebuilt my computer which I installed a new Power supply last night and for some reason its not turning on at all. Is a 115v power supply and I have a 125 volt power cord. Does that make any differnce?? All my cables are securly plugged in the right spot. I have a power sw little cable that connects to the motherboard along with other cables such as power led and HDD led. Does it matter when I connect them to the motherboard which way they are facing?? I really want my computer working today!!!!! Any adivse would be wonderful.

Joanne

As for the case interface wires yes, it does matter which way they are facing so make sure that they are properly connected. The voltage rating of the power cord does not matter as long as you are running the psu on a standard 115v power source.

How can I tell which way they are supposed to face. I really can't tell on the motherboard. Should they face me as I am looking at the motherboard ro face towards the back of the CPU.

How can I tell which way they are supposed to face. I really can't tell on the motherboard. Should they face me as I am looking at the motherboard ro face towards the back of the CPU.

It depends, sometimes you can see a little [+] where the positive (usually the colored) wire is supposed to attach. You could try to flip-flop the power switch connector to see if it is backwards while the computer is running or download the manual for your motherboard to see exactly how the wires are supposed to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back