My first Windows 10 issue at Startup

bazz2004

I’ve now updated three of my computers to Windows 10 keeping documents and programs and it all seemed to go really well but one with two admin user accounts which is the main computer is not behaving as I want.

On starting up or a restart it goes straight to the account of the person who last used the computer and boots Windows. That’s with the Settings for local accounts with no password required which was the familiar way for me with Windows 7.

If I choose the option to login with a Microsoft account and use my Microsoft password the computer takes me to the screen showing the two account holders. That’s what I want to happen but in order to log in I have to use my password. With the other admin account the user can go straight into Windows 10 without a password.

Anybody able to comment on this?

You need to setup windows user password also. for user account windows give facility to set or delete password
You simply Go to setting and choose sign in option as windows Microsoft account or local account

When I do that the result is that Windows 10 always boots to the desktop of the last user. I think that's just the way Windows 10 works. If the other user had a password and logged in with it too I imagine we'd get the screen offering a choice of login for each startup.

Back