i recently bought this laptop

amd athlon dual core x64 2.00 GHz
2 GB ram
256 MB dedicated ATI grafix card
160HDD

windows vista

it takes almost 3 minutes for everything to startup..its so slow

any idea what do i do??

theres a feature where you can restore your laptop to factory settings so that would be one way of speeding up your labtop, by starting from scratch. just make sure to back up your hard drive
pretty sure when you start up your dv5t you press either f7 or f10 but you would need to double check beacuase im not 100 percent sure which command it is

Frankie, the factory reinstalling - is not so good idea, 'cos there are many useless software, which comes with preinstalled Windows :)

i removed all junk soft n did all tht can b done with removing unecesary files n cleaning temp n desktop.

but still it requires more thn 2 mins to start, if not 3!

its a new laptop....

help guys please

What do you have starting when you turn the computer on? What type of software and how many processes? If you have software that is using a huge amount of memory, then your computer will be slow. And if you have a bunch of processes at start up your computer will slow down.

Another problem is Vista. You have 2gb of ram on a vista machine, you need more ram for Vista. Upgrade to at least 3gb or even 4gb. This will make a huge difference.

Also, try the 8 steps for viruses, spyware and malware. https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back