My laptop, Win 8 cannot open HTML files

Hi everyone,
I tend to open an E-learning course on a disk which is HTML. I can open it on my pc and another laptop but with my hp laptop when I click on it, the internet explorer open and show the menu but when I click on each section, it does not work. I tried to open with Firefox and Chrome, they are even worse. They cannot even open the first page which has icons and menu. I uninstall chrome and firefox browsers but doesn't work.
Please help
Thanks

The file should work in Internet explorer. What version of IE, Chrome, and FF are you using?

Make sure that the https:// (secured pages) is not on make sure it's http:// (unsecured pages) You should get a free HTML viewer to views..

When did this problem first started? Prior to this issue did these pages ever load right for you?
Is Windows 8 update with updates?
Have you tried another PC?
Does what your trying to view work on other PCs including Windows 7 and Windows 8?

Go to Control Panel, Internet Options -> Programs Tab
At the bottom (Internet programs), click set programs button
First item in the list is Set your default ...
Click it and you get a list of registered programs,
If you have multiple browsers installed, select your favorite on the left and then =>Set this program as default

This will associate all HTML files (on disk or via the web) with that browser.

Go to Control Panel, Internet Options -> Programs Tab
At the bottom (Internet programs), click set programs button
First item in the list is Set your default ...
Click it and you get a list of registered programs,
If you have multiple browsers installed, select your favorite on the left and then =>Set this program as default

This will associate all HTML files (on disk or via the web) with that browser.

Thank's for the answer, but I don't have any problem to change the default browser. My problem is that I cannot open it with any browser. I checked IE,FF and Chrome.

When did this problem first started? Prior to this issue did these pages ever load right for you?
Is Windows 8 update with updates?
Have you tried another PC?
Does what your trying to view work on other PCs including Windows 7 and Windows 8?
1-This is my husband's laptop and we've bought it less that 3 months and have not opened any HTML files before with it.
2-No
3- yes, in another PC there is not any problem, so there should be a setting or a problem with this specific laptop.

Close all browsers and navigate to the folder containing one of your lessons.

now double click on any lesson - - WHICH browser is launched to view it?
whichever browser is then running, it is your default browser.

Back