My new pc has a very slow internet connection

So I recently purchased/built a gaming computer, and have been stumped as to what to do about this particular issue. my internet speeds have been sitting between 200 kbs per second and 1 mb per second, so it is basically unusable. I checked that all drivers were initially downloaded and then updated, and also made sure my router itself was working with my other computers( im averaging 40 mbs per second on my 9 year old mac). I have also tried switching ethernet cables with no positive results. finally today, at a complete loss, I brought it in to a computer service center and they tested it on the router they had there and it worked fine! should be looking into getting a new router possibly? even though it works just fine with everything but my new computer?

I would focus on router and network setup. You proved the system works (at least when) at the service center. Now you have to swap things around until you determine what it is: the router LAN port (you should have 4), the router setup (check manual, do reset), the wire connection, etc. Track what you 'prove good' and the 'not good' should get in focus.

I've found that turning everything off (modem, router, printers, systems), disconnecting and then powering up selectively just might cause changes that make things work. I start with modem, then router, then primary system. The primary system sets some defaults.

Find and verify BOTH DNS values.

if the first is offline or doesn't exist, it gets back a timeout and then asks again from DNS#2, making DNS resolution time terrible and the browsers slows to a crawl.

Back