Not open for further replies.

Sound Man

Hi

I left the computer on the table for a few hours today everything was fine

Got home and have this Blue Screen with all this Writing

Codes

0x0000008E 0XC0000005 0X8E7C8E67 0X8CCA4018 0X00000000

I can get into safe mode just fine and works fine

But the minute I reset and type my name I get a Blue Screen with all those Codes

This is after I did this

After getting back onto windows normal

I uninstalled Mcafee as it expired on Tuesday April 14 and put the new one on

I then got Windows Defender up to date(Had a Yellow Triangle) then I fixed my Windows Firewall and Poof the minute I hit okay I've gotten this Blue Screen again and won't let me use my computer Normal

I did scan it with Windows Defender and Ad aware and found nothing

How big is this problem I have

Please help me

Thanks

Hey Sound Man. 0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware issues, and is a strong indicator of corrupted memory (though sometimes they can be caused by drivers).

Run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is it starts almost immediately at boot up. If you have any errors you have to replace said memory. Keep in mind this takes a long time. The minimum is to run for 7 Passes; there are 8individual tests per Pass.

See link:https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Hey Sound Man. 0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware issues, and is a strong indicator of corrupted memory (though sometimes they can be caused by drivers).

Run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is it starts almost immediately at boot up. If you have any errors you have to replace said memory. Keep in mind this takes a long time. The minimum is to run for 7 Passes; there are 8individual tests per Pass.

See link:https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Will it Run in Safe Mode

As you know I can't get into wndows Normal

Also Should I try and uninstall Mcafee

The Computer Itself has been running very Slow for about a 1 month and then the blue screen yesterday.

It would freeze and not even CTRL ALT DELETE would help me.

My widget would show my RAM into the 100% Range

Its a 2007 Computer

I have 1024GB of Ram

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/e...9199-78308301-78308301-78308301-79478202.html

I'm so ready to just buy a new Computer Apple Mac Book Pro and see how they are.

In safe Mode it just poped up and said your Anti-Virius/firewall Software has Caused your Blue screen Error.

Ways to fix the problem

So I uninstalled Mcafee and did a Reboot and still got the Blue Screen

One, as for memtest it takes over as soon as you boot up so you won't have to worry about Normal or Safe Mode.

Second, the fact that your computer has been slow is a red flag that there is a high possibility that you are infected. I strongly suggest going to the Virus & malware removal forum here at Tech Spot and read the sticky on 8 Steps. Follow it to the letter. Don't skip any steps and then post and provide all the logs they requested at that forum.

Third, there are much better security offerings than McAfee. When you do the 8 Steps I and others can give you good sound suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back