My PC does nothing once PSU is plugged up

A couple of days ago I was adding more fans to my old computer a dell xps 400 well it booted with the new fans then cutoff and then booted again and was fine for about 2 days. this morning I went to click the power button and nothing happened I was like okay and I opened up the cover and look at everything unplugged the PC and plugged back in and the only thing that lit was the led on mobo. ive completely taken everything out of the case placed it on my desk and ive been taking parts off one by one and I have finally given up. any help will help a lot thanks!

mobo: x8582
CPU: Intel Pentium D
GPU: 225mb radon x1900
pcu: stock dell

Hi.
I've been building and servicing PCs since 1985. Just offhand, I would guess that your PSU has died (though it could be that you did not fully insert the 24 pin power connector).

Dell uses proprietary stuff, so you have to be careful to be sure that something you will try is in fact compatible. Since I do not have experience with the XPS 400, I leave that to you.

If you are in the USA, you might want to look at Dell business computers which are coming off lease. Something like a Dell Optiplex 7010 or 9010 might suit you. Can be found for less that $100-$120

I have the crap system running rn I think its just the mobo something shorted or just went bad I have a cheap amd mobo with amd processor that works but with 1g of ddr does not fit my needs but if it works I guess it works

Back