My PC is infected with a virus/trojan, and here are the log files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, yesterday, my computer was infected with a virus- a trojan. What did was not letting me open Norton Internet Security(I clicked on the program but it just wouldn't run), along with Internet Explorer. I had to remove Norton and reinstall it. After reinstalling Norton it started working. I haven't reinstalled IE yet though. Also it was preventing me from opening my local drive under "My Computer", although that issue was fixed after Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scanned my PC and removed the threats it found. And actually IE is working again. One other thing the trojan was doing was not letting me update Norton and cutting Norton full system scans short. Anyways it seems the trojan has been removed-by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. but I have saved the log files by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, HJT, and SuperAntiSpyware. And I want to make sure the trojan has been removed for good, so I have decided to post the logs here-as said by the "8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions". Anyways the logs are attached.

You have
Norton Internet Security
Norton System Works
BitTorrent
Avast!
and Avira installed

:confused:

It's amazing it even boots up :D

Uninstall all of the above. All? Yes all

Then run the Norton Removal tool

Then restart

Then run CCleaner

Then download and install Avira free AntiVirus again (pretty sure it would have been corrupted previously ;) )

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

Good luck :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back