My PC is randomly freezing or BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
thanks for having me here

I have a problem with my computer and I don't know what to do anymore
I tried everything and seams nothing works

the computer freezes or give me bsod while I'm playing mostly...I got one when I was just working (emails,remote desktop,putty, messengers) but just one in 2 weeks while working

in rest I get like 2-4 freezes or bsod while playing everyday
both games I play APB and Global Agenda uses Unreal Engine that means they demanding games as I play them on high specs

I played them before with no problems using the same settings I use now, at least Global Agenda, APB its new and I didn't had any problems

I tested my hdds, tested my proc with a lot of tests and benchmarks and nothing

please help me
I will attach few minidumps
thank you

Attachments

• MiniDumps.zip
    194.8 KB · Views: 1
Every mindump error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dumps simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

If you have overclocked any hardware either ease back reset to default. Check for dust and airflow. Check if all fans are working including the video card. Ease back on your video details.

hi there,
thank you for your answer
i just changed the mainboard with a new one (same model as old one)
with old one i didnt had this crashed, maybe the new one has problems?
anyway there is no dust as i just changed mobo so i cleaned everything inside
the airflow its great i have an antec 906 (or 609) with lots of fans
i have the cpu OC'ed and the ram also
but they worked like that for more then one year, why now crashed?
anyway i will set everything on auto
my cpu is water cooled
my gpu on high load stays on 65 degrees max...
i will set all on auto and see if i get any crashes tomorow
right now im runing long tests on hdd's
and tomorow im gonna run some memtest86 on my rams
i runned the windows 7 memtest and i said i have no problems...
i dont know whats wrong anymore

the psu its new, corsair 850 tx on an 1000w AVR

hi there,
i fixed half of the problem by puting ram to auto on BIOS so no more freezes
BUT i still have BSOD sometimes with the same error like before

my computer specs are:
case: antec 902
proc: amd phenrom 9850 (2.5 Ghz) OC'ed to 3.1 Ghz
ram: 2x TWIN2x4096-8500C5DF Corsair (8 gb) (runing on 800)
mobo: ECS 8200a Black Series (latest drivers installed)
hdd1: WDC WD1001FALS 1T black caviar
hdd2: ST31500341AS 1.5 T
video; gefore 285 gtx (last video driver)

hope u guys have any ideeas
thanks

One of the best ways you can help zero in on which hardware is the potential problem often is tedious but it has worked for many, many people.

Basically you uninstall all hardware from your system including cables such as power, SATA, etc. except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM.

Boot-up. If no crashes are experienced then power down and add one and only one piece of hardware and boot-up. Again, if no system crashes occur shut down and add another one. Boot-up and repeat.

Edit: Oh, wait, I see your cpu is overclocked. As per my original post this error can be caused from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU). Have you even attempted to see if a default setting for your cpu brings stability?

uhm i run that cpu like that for more then 1 year and i didn't had problems, just lately...but i will setup to auto and see whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back