My PC lags

Hello i have very frustrating problem with my PC , I don't know the cause of it and it`s killing me day by day....because i'm unable to fix it.I will try to describe my problem hoping that someone can help me with this issue.

##############################
My PC specs :
CPU : i7 980x
MB: Gigabyte G1 Assassin
GPU: Gainward GTX590
RAM: KingSton HyperX cl8 1600Mhz - 12 Gb
SSD: KingSton HyperX 128Gb ( sATA3 )
2xHDD Seagata pipeline 2x1 TB ( i use them for storage )
Case: Antec twelve hundred
PSU : Corsair 1000W
###############################

My Problem :
For some time i have noticed that when i listen to music on youtube , or watch a movie on my pc ( any format ) some times for a short period like 1-4 sec/s my PC lags (trembles don`t know if this is the right term ) but i lags short and then it goes back to normal......and when it does ..the movies/video are distorted....the whole system lags ... :( and i have no clue on how to fix it because i don`t know what is cousin it , i don`t remember this to happen in games....,and yes when that happens the spiking i can see in task manager that my CPU usage jumps to 50-80% in the blink of an eye and returns to normal...it does that every time the spiking/lags appears ......and it`s just killing me...it make me sell my PC......
###################################
What I have tried and done so far:
Ok ..so...hear me out:
1. I have original windows 7 ultimate x64
2. I have already reinstalled my windows about 4 times and done this.
2a- Fresh install updated all the drivers from vendor website etc etc updated windows... ( my system is not in OC ) ..spiking occurred :(
2b- Fresh install the install the drivers from vendor ( old drivers , 1st release ) spiking occurred :(
2c Updated BIOS , fresh install...updated drivers ..etc etc spiking occurred :(
3. My system temperature is very low because i use water cooling , my cpu nerver reaches high temperatures , always below 35 and max 46 in full load.
4. I have not overclocked my system , and when i have done it ..was just for benchmarking and for a shot period ( i know how to perform safe an stable OC ..etc )
5. I have updated the ssd firmware since it was necessary for my model.
6.I have UPS 2000VA .....my system is always protected from high voltage and etc.
7.I don`t get blue screens ( i have BlueScreenView installed in case do..so i will know why )
8. I have done many test to my system :
8a - MemTest (in dos mode ) TEST OK
8b- CPU test with ( prime95 full load ) 2 days in test - TEST OK
8c- CPU test with Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool - TEST OK
8d- GPU tested with many - TEST OK
8e SSD with a tool from KingSton - TEST OK.......
9. All the software and games from my PC are original , i don`t use warez/pirated programs ore cracks.
10. Antivirus I use McAfee total protection 2012
11. I DON`T KNOW IS MY PROBLEM AND IT`S KILLING ME....
12. ACHI enable from bios and 64 bit mode , i have tried the IDE mode , but the spiking is still there.....
13. Sorry for my bad english ...
###################################
What i Suspect :
1. The SSD
2. The Power Supply
3. MotherBoard (not very sure )
I have tried taking my PC to a IT shop...turns out i have more info and knowledge then the guy there...and i can`t send anything for warranty because...i don`t know what ... #^T%$ it`s wrong.
########################################
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ?
I cannot figure out what is the problem..and i don't think straight when i'm mad.......

Regards,
Artix

I'm not sure of what the problem would be even tho I have had a similar problem, but I only had bad drivers so... Anyhow, you could try to remove your graphics card and test the computer with the integrated (if the mobo has one ofc).

If its when ever you play any type of media... Do you have any third party codecs installed?
Some popular ones I know are K-lite and AC3 filter. If you do try uninstalling them... If you do not...... try installing one of them lol. You have a unique problem, something not easily diagnosed.

My first inclination here would be to take a good hard look at your power supply! For it's sounds like that most of these issues happens when the computer is under some type of load. Unless the power supply is fairly new and you don't suspect it, than maybe you can rule that out. But if it were me, I'd start there.

And both DjKraid & Blkfx1 have good recommendations as well, I'd try those to.

Hmm. So you are saying it stutters when using media? Are these videos you are watching resident on the HDD, are they DVD movies, or are they streamed over the internet? I'd look at the NIC possibly being an issue if this is happening in things streamed over the internet (as you said you don't recall this happening in games so I tend to think the GPU is fine).

Are you using an integrated NIC, if so, do you have a spare NIC card to test with?

Do you have some sort of power saving mode active? I run cool'n quiet on my system ( I assume Intel has something similar) and when it is in power saver mode youtube runs kind of slow. I would check your power settings to see if it is on.

My first inclination here would be to take a good hard look at your power supply! For it's sounds like that most of these issues happens when the computer is under some type of load. Unless the power supply is fairly new and you don't suspect it, than maybe you can rule that out. But if it were me, I'd start there.

And both DjKraid & Blkfx1 have good recommendations as well, I'd try those to.

Good point there but then again if it would be the PSU then also games would lag like hell...so I doubt that the problem would be there.

Back