My pc with windows xp keeps freezing up on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it keeps freezing up and running alot slower then it has ever done before. i have tried everything i could think of from virus/spyware scannes to a system restore. im protected by norton 360 but every scan that didn't freeze up my computer has showed nothing. my cpu keeps going to 100% then the computer freezes. i cleaned the computer off all the dust so its not that but i have no idea what i should do. it seems to happen more when i try to run programs such as my internet or basiclly anything that is on my computer. o my computer also stopped my wireless internet from working and when i tried to uninstall and reinstall for my linksys program it wont uninstall but it says it did. so i can't get on the internet at all, but i have my laptop so i can just take files over from a flash drive. does anyone have any clue what i should do to try and fix this problem??

thanks
App

Frequent cause is the hard drive...
Can you tell us about your brand and model, or the computer configuration. How old are the hard drive, cpu fan, and video graphics? Also brand and info on the hard drive.
Were it mine, and the hardware is relatively new, I would get rid of Symantec Norton 360 and download the free version of Avira Antivir, MalwareBytes, and SuperAntispyware to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back