Need a New 775 Socket Mobo Which to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good choice as long as it serves your purpose. Which processor are you going to use?

it's replacing my old lan party dk p35 dk series its audio shitted out on me and im unable to use any audio on it along with it turning off all the time because of the realtek hd audio.

Intel core 2 duo
E8200
processor which i can always upgrade in the future but i'm not in need of upgrading it as of now.

The mobo should be fine- I use a Lachesis/G15 setup on my EP45-DS4P.
The mobo is a good oc'er and has the good audio codec -ALC889A

All standard ATX motherboards are a maximum size of 305mm x 244mm. After that you're looking at the E-ATX, EE-ATX and non-standard XL-ATX -usually reserved for workstation boards or enthusiast offerings like the EVGA 4-way SLI Classified

All modern cases with front panel audio jacks should come with a cable already connected to those jacks. What you need to do is to connect the cable to the front panel audio header pins on the motherboard OR, if you have a separate sound card, the front panel audio pins on that. Refer to the motherboard manual for the exact location of the pins.

Your graphics card should fit the motherboard.

i see the front panel plugin but do not see any cord that i can plug into it my case mustve not have come with one what should it look like all i got are cords for audio and no front panel support cord. Hmmmm wish i could figure it out.

Contact Cooler Master for a replacement front audio cable or buy a generic one from an electronics store. If you feel inclined you could also make one.
A front audio panel cable looks like this http://www.logicsupply.com/images/photos/cables/FrontAudio_big.jpg
Whenyou get the replacement encure that the pin block on the end is HDA and not AC97 and plug it into the motherboards Front Audio connector- it is a 9 port block like the one shown here http://www.fixya.com/uploads/Images/3C3CD07.jpg . The top row of ports (with the missing pin) are numbered 2, 4, 6, 8 (empty), 10. The lower rank are 1, 3, 5, 7, 9.
If the cable you get has individual or double pin sockets (rather than a 9 pin socket) you'll see that the sockets are labelled. Common labels are:
MIC VLL or MIC BIAS this connects to port 3
MIC IN this connects to port 1
EAR (or Spkr) L connects to port 9
EAR (or Spkr) R connects to port 5
GND (or Ground) connects to ports 2 and 7
+5VA or VCC connects to port 4
Line Out R connects to port 6
Line Out L connects to port 10

If you want to keep your existing motherboard then you can disable the onboard audio in the motherboards BIOS. Uninstall the driver - Should be Realtek as most DFI boards use the ALC885 codec either as onboard or as a Bernstein add-in card. Add your new PCI or PCIe soundcard and install it's drivers.

If you are planning on getting the Gigabyte board anyway then the Razer will work fine.
As mailpup indicated, your graphics card will work on the motherboard. If you plan on getting the Gigabyte mobo then change "Init Display first" from PCI to PEG (this is under the "Advanced Bios Features" tab on the main menu page.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358

Saw that as it being 5x customer choice award what do you all think?

I need it to be compatible with the razer carcharias so it will actually work without shutting down, and also be compatible with a Ge-force 8800 Gt.

I can't speak to compatibility of "razor carcharias", as this would be dependent on the audio codec in the board, which in this case is the Realtek ALC889A. And that would depend partly on the configuration you select.

There are a few Gigabyte P45 boards which are all very popular, the UD3R (DDR2) is widely used also. Bottom line you really can't go too far wrong with any of them. Just check the comparative features, so you get what you need, and not what you don't.

Newegg has 4 of these P45 boards at the moment; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8 1071740132&name=Intel P45&SpeTabStoreType=1 for your perusal.

Just to add that all your headset needs is a line in and line out- Both the ALC885 and ALC889 support automatic audio jack sensing so if you have no luck sourcing a chassis front panel cable you can plug both of the headphone 3.5mm jacks directly into the soundcard sockets.

If your old motherboard's audio chipset died, then I would think it is possible to spend $100+ on a sound card, that way you would be using your razer headset to its fullest potential...just a thought I don't know if it would work.

Don't know about the $100+ on a sound card....great if you're after audiophile DTS-HD bitstreaming.
If you're after a gaming soundcard I'd spend $20 inc shipping and buy a Creative Audigy 2 or X-Fi card on eBay. You will get access to the Mediasource software (if you want to use it), EAX 4 or 5, 7.1 sound and a good SNR.

thinking of upgrading to ddr3 with this mobo is it worth it?
ASUS P5E3 PRO LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
High performance X48 DDR3 for LGA 775 w/ CrossFireX

help muchly appreciated as im ordering it today need some answers fast.

No...waste of money IMO.

Don't know about the $100+ on a sound card....great if you're after audiophile DTS-HD bitstreaming.
If you're after a gaming soundcard I'd spend $20 inc shipping and buy a Creative Audigy 2 or X-Fi card on eBay. You will get access to the Mediasource software (if you want to use it), EAX 4 or 5, 7.1 sound and a good SNR.
I rather like my idea of just getting a sound card, after all, your motherboard is supposedly fine and dandy otherwise, waste of money to buy an old (and marginally outdated) motherboard JUST so you can use integrated audio. True their are other benefits of upgrading your motherboard, but none are worth even close to $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back