Need advice - older system PCI video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hp pav 410a with a 2.8 proc. -1 gig of ram -WinXP- and unfortunately the wrong video card to play Witcher. I have an fx 5200 that plays the game but choppy and slow. I am on a fixed income and I have about 100.00 that I can spend for a video card PCI (no agp or PCI-E on this old motherboard . Can someone please tell me which video card to buy for the money that I have that would be the best PCI card for the money that I have . OR AM I waisting my time - (hope not) because I can't afford another PC .Someone Help! Gaming addiction fix needed!!!!!!!!

Is that $100? For PCI, the best card right now is the 8500GT PCI made by Sparkle. The best bang-for-buck card though would be the GeForce 6200 PCI. Get the latter [ame=http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-256-P1-N399-LX-e-GeForce-256MB-Graphics/dp/B000V4PYTC/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0]here[/ame].

Thanks for the advice !

Just ordered a Sparkle 8500GT - will be here in 2 days ! Thank you guys for the advice !
The FX5200 was ok for Titan Quest but terrible on Witcher. On other question I have (please overlook my ignorance) is - My pc when it came out had 2 slots for memory- the book says it has a 1 gig max. -which I have - my question is can i take out the two 512 MB Memory (184 pin ddr 400MHz) sticks and replace them each with 1GB memory sticks?

txfloodman said:
my question is can i take out the two 512 MB Memory (184 pin ddr 400MHz) sticks and replace them each with 1GB memory sticks?
It would depend on how much maximum memory your motherboard supports. Check on HP's site and make sure before you buy the new RAM.

So if the specs on the M-Board say max memory supported 1 gb . then that is all that the pc will recognize ? or that is all it will use - even if there is more there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back