Need advice on improving FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyr

HI

I have an older PC and would like to improve the FPS performance and have been debating upgrading my whole system or just buying a new PSU and graphics card/ram. Im not really a 'gamer' but would like to run some titles on medium to low settings without it lagging so much.

Specs:

AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual core 5200+
2 GB RAM
Abit AN-M2HD mobo
Integrated Nvidia GEforce7050 PV/ Nvidia nforce 630a

The mobo has a PCI express slot but i read somewhere it can be tricky having a separate graphics card on a system with integrated graphics?

Any advice would greatly appreciated

Bennyr

dude u heard totally wrong, each and every mobo has an integrated graphics solution....just hook up a good graphics card to ur system and ur FPS would be flying like cows :D

It would be best to add a GPU along with an appropriate PSU if you're simply interested in playing games in low / medium settings. Could you please give your budget for the upgrade? Also, which games do you intend to play?

Thanx for your replies

I play mainly driving games Rfactor and Race 07 sometimes FPS as well nothing heavy like crysis though.

I am in the UK and was looking to spend about 80 pounds sterling on a GPU that would get a Geforce GT9800 1GB or similar over here and Im guessing I would need a 500 or 550 watt PSU thats another 65 pounds or so.

Am I right to think PCI express route?

Cheers

Bennyr

Since you won't be playing any demanding games I feel that dustin has posted some excellent choices.

oh thats weird lol , ive never seen one in real life that does not have an integrated graphics solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back