Need hard drive password

I have a Dell Latitude D830 that, as soon as I turn it on, it is asking for a hard drive password, which I do NOT know!!! Please help!!!
Hard Disk #XC408818480-595B
Service Tag# 6ZV67G1
Express Service Code:

The only way to obtain the Hard Drive password would be if you had the recovery disk (such as USB thumb drive or DVD that was used in the process to create a security key for the hard drive initially.)

Unfortunately, without having this you'll have to completely reinstall the system resulting in losing all data on it.
If you're unfamiliar with this process you should take it to a professional and have them install a new operating system.

Is the process the same as installing OS on PC?
The only way to obtain the Hard Drive password would be if you had the recovery disk (such as USB thumb drive or DVD that was used in the process to create a security key for the hard drive initially.)

Unfortunately, without having this you'll have to completely reinstall the system resulting in losing all data on it.
If you're unfamiliar with this process you should take it to a professional and have them install a new operating system.

I suspect you're asking about a boot password.
On desktops you would just clear the bios, but on laptops you have to run a utility to clear the password. Dell tech support might be able to help. If not then all you can do is swap out the mainboard.

Back