Need help installing keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Sony VGN FE590. I need to install a new keyboard and Sony won't help.
I have ordered it but don't want to break case. Need to know how to install. Can you help?

Thanks.

You have to open it

Thats where it tells you how to and contains the cord
to plug into the motherboard.
Use the same place the old one connected.
If it's cordless plug the transmitter there.(It's in the Box) ;)
It's not a Sony problem,just learning by asking here or friends,
and reading included manuals.

The old keyboard comes off by removing the screws in the bottom. Once all screws are loose, it comes off easily, and the new one installs in an obvious way. Be very careful to mark which screws came from where, because they are different lengths... and difficult to replace if lost.

There are a LOT of screws on the bottom like next to the battery and the drives. Do they all come off? Are there any that should not come off? I wish I had screw diagram or something. I've never done this before so understand I have visions of wires hanging out all over the place.

Simple. Draw your own diagram from analysis of the new keyboard. There will probably be a screw for every screw hole in the new keyboard. If the screw you remove is not fairly long, it doesn't belong.
Also you cann find a lot of diagrams of laptops with a Gurgle search.

Just thought I'd give you a followup with my new keyboard. (The "a" now works without hitting it four times.

All your instructions were great. Thing I would add is that under the battery pack are three screws that have to be unscrewed before the piece above the keyboard will come off. Keyboard is also attached by a screw in the middle of the back which lines up with a fitting on the bottom of the keyboard. That has to be unscrewed. Only the top half of the computers screws have to come out. Also, attaching it to the mother board requires a little thought. The cable is flexible, not a usual plug. There is a little clampy thing that lifts off the plug on the motherboard so you can easily insert the flexible cable into the motherboard. Then the clamp is fitted down again. I am so pleased. I still think Sony could at least provide some pictures about which screws do what ... but I am so glad I discovered this website. I'm a real fan. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back