Need help knowing about my graphics card

Bebo Morgan

First of all id like to say sorry if the title is misleading or inaccurate English isnt my first language

Now Im running on an fairly old computer that I wanna improve im gonna buy a 1gb graphics card but my friend says it wont do any difference cause of my monitor is this true?

my monitor is : LG Flatron ez T713SH

So I wanna know if get this graphics card will:

1) My in game FPS improve?
2) Will I notice a difference in the graphics?
3) Will my games performance increase?

My current "graphics card" is intel chipset which is pretty bad need help ASAP

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

Before we get ahead of ourselves and out of curiosity;
  • What is your computer specifications? (CPU, Memory, and etc...)
  • Which graphics card are you wanting to purchase?

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 2.80 GHZ

4 gig memory
and I dont know yet but its gonna be 1gig I dont know much about graphic cards but it goes something likes this ATI something something 1 gb lol...

are you sure my monitor can handle that graphic card and IMPROVE

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

Before we get ahead of ourselves and out of curiosity;
  • What is your computer specifications? (CPU, Memory, and etc...)
  • Which graphics card are you wanting to purchase?

Also will those things improve greatly cause my chipset is like 64mb :|

are you sure my monitor can handle that graphic card and IMPROVE
Yes, I'm sure.

However if you truly have a P4 system, this is where you will find you need to upgrade. The reason I said yes to all three questions is because the majority of graphics adapters are improvements over Intel graphics. Your CRT is capable of displaying 60 FPS, so if you experience anything less than 60 FPS, it's not your monitors fault.

P.S.
I am commenting under the assumption that your monitor still displays a clear picture.

Yes, I'm sure.

However if you truly have a P4 system, this is where you will find you need to upgrade. The reason I said yes to all three questions is because the majority of graphics adapters are improvements over Intel graphics. Your CRT is capable of displaying 60 FPS, so if you experience anything less than 60 FPS, it's not your monitors fault.

P.S.
I am commenting under the assumption that your monitor still displays a clear picture.
It does display clear pictures I can run alot of games on high graphic settings just fine Games like (aion heroes of newerth etc) But sometimes I get that tiny fps lag that bothers me abit ( I want the graphics card so I can set my graphic settings to very high on aion lol)

Last question: Do you have a PCIe x16 card slot available on your motherboard?
agp_vs_pcie2.jpg

Ahh, good!! I was wanting to make sure you didn't have AGP before I mentioned a graphics card.

These two cards should give you 5 to 10 times the graphical performance of your Intel Graphics for only $40.
I think it would be useless to suggest anything much higher, as your CPU would probably be a weak link.

wait I have noticed something in the graphic cards info (both of em) it says 64 bit im 32bit will it work!?
That is internal, within the card itself. It has nothing to do with your other hardware or OS version. :)

Put it this way I have this card on a 64-bit OS.

EVGA 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I doubt Bebo has both AGP and PCI-E on his mobo - It may be getting confused with PCI slots. If that's the case it'll have to be an AGP card which is hard to recommend these days. You can definitely get something faster than what you have, but price/performance is going to be pretty bad.

I doubt Bebo has both AGP and PCI-E on his mobo - It may be getting confused with PCI slots.

I agree, I think that link to the 939 dual is the first board I've seen with both.
OP - look very carefully at the pins and be certain which one you have.

Back