Need help to remove sound virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My Vista 64 system and now my XP system squeel the speaker with a feedback sound randomly. I tired the following programs: malwarebyte, a-square anti-malware, and super antiSpyware, and the problem persists.

Can anyone advise me how to proceed to remove this nuisance?

Thank you.

Attachments

• virus_sound.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 18
Sound virus? Try reloading or reinstalling your sound drivers

Tx for the suggestion but, no this didn't work.

It's a virus/malware/spyware as it has spread to another computer. Same annoying sound at random intervals. The other computer has XP so it may be possible to isolate it. I need some tech savvy/help on how to cage this pest.

thanks.

hi,
thanks for the help! will post results...

no, no mic's on either system, and speakers are bose shielded and well away from anything.

the sound "virus" appeared on my XP system two days ago after I shared a usb drive from the infected vista system. sound patern is identical on both systems.

and yes, I've been to shared sites and have suspect files which i have since removed. so i'm 99% sure i got some malware from casual downloading. i'm not a pirate per sey as i buy most of what i reguarly use.just a bit of curosity here and there probably got me in trouble.

If you go to P2P sites, then more than likely your system may have something. THe first thing to always ensure is that you have antivirus software installed on your system. If you would have, it would have caught it the minute you plug the jumpdrive in. Please start off by following through with that 8 step procedure. Even if it doesn't solve the problem, I'm pretty confident that it will make your system better.

If you insist that you have a virus/malware, try following these steps.
You need to start over, disregard what you've done and in the order given.
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/.
Once you post the results, it will give the techs something to start with.
Note: what type of speakers do you have, and how close are they to the computer? The attachment you posted sounds like an interference.

I don't see any mention of turning off the "System Restore" feature in Windows before scanning/removing malware or viruses in the 8 step procedure. Turn off system restore ** going to Control Panel, System, System Protection, and uncheck all check boxes. Doing this will erase all restore points, including those "hiding" malware and virus infections. After the scans are clean, the System Restore function can be enabled restoring the check marks

I don't see any mention of turning off the "System Restore" feature in Windows before scanning/removing malware or viruses in the 8 step procedure. Turn off system restore

Ooh, I never had a good feeling about erasing restore points, I always though it was a bad idea. But if you say so, it means I misunderstood something odwn the line :suspiciou

did the 8 steps...

After going through the HIJackThis log, I have noticed you have both Avast, and Norton running...
Please remove one of them. Only [1] antivirus program per system can be used, (unlike anti-spyware programs where you should have at least [2] ). When running more than [1] they conflict with each other and slows your system down dramatically.
Personally, I would un-install the Norton Security.:)

The Norton came with this new i7 system which I removed immediately. Even though it appears that it is still installed in the hijack data file, it has been removed and I cannot find any trace of it in the uninstall system dialogue.

I've recently had this sound pest appear on another system only when running Ninja Trader. I am contacting Ninja Trader support to determine a cause.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back