Need help with graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOEBROWN

hi guys i need help, i just bought a new comp and was told a lie ab the graphics card and currently don't have the money to buy a new one. i have a pretty old card and i need to know were to look for drivers to put it up to date and play WoW
plz help

What video card do you have? If the card is too old then drivers aren't going to help you play WOW.

hi guys im new and i just bought a new computer to play wow and i was lied to ab the graphics card. i was told it was a 7200 but it isnt. its a diamond VIPER 2 Z200 and when i try and load wow it tells me i dont have a good enough graphics card. is there anything i can do to update it so i am able to play the latest version of WoW?

idk i think its called a diamond VIPER 2 Z200.

I've been researching and looking for drivers for that video card since you posted the model and so far i have nothing. The card was apparently made in 2000 so all of the driver links (so far) are outdated and don't work. If you are a registered member of www.Driverguide.com you might be able to find something on there. Sorry, I will look more tomorrow!

thanks alot man. im just irritated she told me something else. i bought it specifically for wow too. . . lol

I assume that means you have an AGP slot and not PCI-E, yes? What is your budget?

Providing the rest of your system specs could be useful...

Hi Joe brown,
unfortunately, that card is a relic from the turn of the century. not only can you not upgrade the drivers, you would be hard pressed to find the original ones. the only upgrade you can make is to replace the card. this is the top end of the x4/x8 AGP cards from ati: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131141 and I believe that from Nvidia the 7600gs is the top AGP card, maybe someone can confirm that. keep in mind that the Nvidia 7600gs calls for a 300W Psu, and the Ati 3850 needs a 450W, hope that helps :)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133176

well the rest of the comp is decent. its a INTEL LGA 775, 2.8 gigahertz dual core processor, 1GB RAM with 120GB Hard drive. . and SUPPOSEDLY a 7200 but instead this piece of junk.

Thanks RED, i guess ill have to start saving up my paychecks again. . . lol

well honestly I'm not really amazing knowladged on computers so i don't know what the phrases your using means. lmao. but yes that is the card I'm using.

so im prolly guessing the next option is too go buy a new Graphics card. lol

so basically the computer i just bought is a piece of junk and i should return it sense i bought it yesterday.

I just looked it up, it seems there was some 775 that had agp...cant find them , but there was. so if thats the case with yours, those cards are the best bet. wow is not terribly intense graphically , but on other modern titles your going to run into problems and only be able to play at lower resolutions and settings

ya, i just normally play xbox every now and then. then play some wow but i have friends to play with so im not so sure ill be switching to other titles. idk what to do i just got into all this **** a couple days ago. i just wish that sales lady didnt tell me something different bc the friend i went with who build comps says a 7200 is a great graphics card but it seems i got swindled

i bought it at a shop that builds comps. a small shop in my town. i have it like 2 days and have had more problems then with my 360 in 2 years.

Not to sound mean here Joe, but it seems you got taken advantage of especially if they advertised one item in there and it was something else...while I support Mom & Pop shops I've seen a few PC shops (in my town at least) who do take advantage of computer illiterate individuals by overcharging for products/services. I'm not sure what route you personally want to go, but if your having other issues with the PC as well besides the GPU you should return it.

As you can see there are plenty of friendly and very helpful members here who will gladly give you advice on much better buys or even build yourself a small system just for your needs (your friend who builds PC's would have to help ya thou imo :D ). Just make sure you let us know your budget so we have something to work with to give you advice.

If you don't wanna go the route of re-buying another PC getting another GPU is your best option as everyone has said just make sure you are getting exactly what you need and can use. Whatever you choose, hope it works out! :)

well basically this computer is pretty good as a friend has told me except the graphics card and i only paid about $312 for everything but the monitor. i had one of those lol.

well basically this computer is pretty good as a friend has told me except the graphics card and i only paid about $312 for everything but the monitor. i had one of those lol.
And we should implicitly trust you because you just got ripped off :D.
$300 is a decent price, i'm sure a home built computer would be cheaper and better, but with such low prices, the price difference is only marginal. Best to just return or up the graphics card for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back