Need help with motherboard front panel connectivity

Im looking to find the manual for a motherboard that I am installing into a computer that I've been building. I am looking for the correct placement of the front panel pins into the motherboard.

The motherboard:
Acer mb.gay09.001

Didn't this motherboard come out of an Acer PC? If so, you would have to look for the overall manual that came with the PC which might show the front panel pin layout. Whether there is a separate motherboard manual, I don't know. If you know the model of the Acer PC you could possibly go to the Acer website and download a manual from there.

If this is a motherboard you bought on Ebay or something, you could go back to the seller and ask them what model it came from.

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, I tried contacting Acer, but no luck with the manual. The MB came out of a Gateway that I bought from Fry's Electronics, and no manual came with that either.

Then the Gateway website could have the manual if you can determine the PC model it came from.

I checked already. Unfortunately it says the model is supposed to come with an AMD 880 mobo. I bought it from Fry's electronics, and it's definitely not the AMD 880. I suppose I can call them when they're open tomorrow, but I can already guess the answer I'll receive from them.

Try looking closely at the front panel pins on the motherboard. See if you can read any identifying words or initials that might give you clues as to which pins are which. A magnifying glass might be helpful.

The "On" switch and Reset switch do not have polarity, meaning it doesn't matter which is positive and negative. They will work either way. Any LEDs must be connected with the correct polarity to work but you can connect them and if they don't work, you can just reverse them and try again. It's a 50/50 chance. So if one way doesn't work, the other should.

Back