Need help with Punkbuster in CoD 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattikiller

i am playing call of duty 4 and got a problem with my punkbuster. when i run the PBSVC it gets to the point checking PnkBstrK driver status and than it freezes. what shall i do to make it continue ??

i have also allowed every punkbuster files on my norton 360 firewall. (or at least i think so.)

( i cal play cod for 5 secs then i get some kind of a restriction problem)

ok: If you are running Vista, make sure you run the game in Administrator mode. If you have to do a manual update of Punkbuster, make sure the client is running in Admin mode as well.. Lots of errors for punkbuster are due to: Changed game content, PB client can not update/different version.

I have played many games with PB as well as CoD4. Please post the error you get (if so, a screenshot) And I can further assist you with the issue. Also, please post your OS, game version and if you have been trying to manually update PB or not..

Information

I run them in Admin.

Here is the problem : an old man PunkBuster kicked player an old man (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION service communication failure: PnkBstrB.exe driver failure ( PnkBstrK.sys) ffab

what did you mean with the OS game version

here is how i run pb

first i click on PBsetup and add Cod 4 then i click update.

second i run PBSVC and click on install/reinstall button and it stop at the PnkBstrK point

OS - Operating System (Xp, Vista (32bit, or 64bit)) As well as the version of the game because it might be useful later, just trying to get all the information gathered at the beginning.

Did a little research, came across: http://msmvps.com/blogs/brianmadsen/archive/2009/01/14/windows-7-punkbuster-fix.aspx

Try this tell me what happends.. I haven't had this issue with punkbuster in any games so far, so this one is new to me but we'll work out a fix.

i dont remember what version my vista is . where do i see that and my issue was.

i cleaned up some folders on my computer and i guess i have deleted some PB stuff, i found this out when i started playing. when i join a server i can play for .. like 30 seconds then i get the RESTRICTION message that i wrote in one of my previous post.

and when i run the PBSVC it stop at the checking PnkBstrK

You can find out your version by right clicking My Computer and clicking Properties. But if its because you delete PB stuff, you can try and Restore to before you delete stuff, or reinstall the game, which I'm sure you don't want to do.

i found this Windows/system/32 if that is the OS thing

but do you think it would help to reinstall the game?

cuz i think the punkbuster is the main problem

No its under where i told you, tells you Windows Vista (Home Premium 64 bit, is what I have)

But punkbuster has its own folder plus one in each of its games, which it uses also.. So if it was just the base folder, Uninstall it and reinstall it. Leave the game.

wow!

i restored some files from my partion map and now i was able to play ! :D well i just tryed 2 server but i think it worked! :D

THANKS alot! :D

Great to hear man! Restores are a wonderful thing. Theres a few programs out there that you can use to restore deleted data. I have Hiren's Boot CD which has tons of useful programs on one CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back