Need more FPS in World of Warcraft

I play World of Warcraft and I get about 15 fps or so is Dalaran and and I can seem to run everything on ultra including shadows in 10 man icc on Putricide and still get about 20 FPS but when i head into 25 man icc with ALL my settings on low I get 3 fps 5 if I'm lucky. I run a gateway LX6200-01 i got it back in 2008 and everything is stock except a video card i purchased about two weeks ago (Galaxy Geforce 9500 GT) which did make me be able to run the 10 icc with ultra setting but didn't do a thing with my FPS when im in 25 icc which is were i need it the most, because it is like a slideshow (heck worse then that...) I was wondering if there something i can do to give me more FPS i don't want to spend TO much money cuz if i am I'd rather just go build a new machine.

P.S. sorry for the long explenation and i dont know much of my specs but ill try to post what i can

Gateway
LX6200-01 (more detail its on newegg.com)
8 GB of ram
my processor is AMD Phenom X4 9500(2.2GHz)
really all i know but like i said my detail is on newegg.com
thanks would be really happy if i can raise it to about.. 20-30 in 25 but im just throwing out number

If I have to buy, yes but if there some setting i can mess with that would be fine also.
I currently have a 400W power suppy but im going to buy a 750W and I was also thinking of buying a XFX - ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card and you think that will boost my FPS or what alternitives do you have?

Well there's overclocking the GPU and CPU if your up for it. Your probably looking at 5-15 FPS boost. I don't play it, but I understand WoW is somewhat CPU intensive? The phenom 9500 will usually OC to 2.7Ghz

With the last two expansions of WoW it has become a bit more cpu hungry. But that may not be the issue in your case. You can easily get your phenom to 2.5-2.7ghz. If you can return the card. Get your 5570 with the psu upgrade.

I haven't played WoW in a while but I doubt a lot has changed game intensity wise. I have to say though your performance with your current hardware should be better especially since you just added a GPU. I played WOTLK up to 3.1 but with a lesser CPU and an integrated chip and did alright. The game has become more demanding over time but not that much. Most demanding situations will always be the big cities like Dalaran for WOTLK or Shatt during BC. Also certain raid encounters usually hectic AoE fights with a lot of movement are pretty demanding. So those situations will always give you your lowest FPS but not that low.

I'm not exactly sure why your FPS drops but have you explored every other alternative? Settings to low might not be the issue, try turning off v-sync I've seen this cause issues for some players. Turn off other settings like the shader options, try changing the resolution and turn off any add-ons to see if that helps. And lastly while this may sound like a typical GM response, delete your WTF folder (back it up first so you don't lose your settings) and get back the default settings to see if that'll improve the game.

If none of that helps you can always try the WoW technical support forum. There staff is very good at answering technical questions and finding out what could be the problem. You do pay for it after all :) .

If I have to buy, yes but if there some setting i can mess with that would be fine also.
I currently have a 400W power suppy but im going to buy a 750W and I was also thinking of buying a XFX - ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card and you think that will boost my FPS or what alternitives do you have?

I don't think you need to upgrade again especially if any of the above fixed your issue. Just make sure you keep the 9500gt up to date driver wise. If you do however want to upgrade a 750W PSU is overkill for what you need, a 450W should suffice like this Corsair one (Did I do it right HK? ;) ). And a 5570 imo is a waste, get yourself something better like a 5750 or even 4850/4770 since that should help you in other games as well depending on the resolution you play.

I don't think you need to upgrade again especially if any of the above fixed your issue. Just make sure you keep the 9500gt up to date driver wise. If you do however want to upgrade a 750W PSU is overkill for what you need, a 450W should suffice like this Corsair one (Did I do it right HK? ). And a 5570 imo is a waste, get yourself something better like a 5750 or even 4850/4770 since that should help you in other games as well depending on the resolution you play.
I agree!

So can you be more specific about your 400w power supply?
I think a corsair 400w could run a 5770. I have to say, 5570 is rather weak, hardly better than a 9500 imo.

+1 to what relic said and

I used to play it on my brothers computer he had a nvidia 7600, he had everything maxed, mm I can't remember his cpu, sometimes fps would drop pretty low, but it was very playable. One thing that would destroy his fps was shadows and sound quality, we kept both of those on low. By the way dalaran kills everyone fps. Prop open your case and point a household fan at it, see if that helps your fps, you might just need better cooling. Which is really cheap.

I have played WoW for the entire 6 years it has been live. I also build my own computers. From what you posted about your machine, I would be willing to bet body parts that a faster CPU will annihilate ALL of your fps issues. The rest of your system is WAY over the top of what you need to run WoW, even after cataclysm releases. What I believe is going on is this: You have a lot of memory and a very decent GPU, that are both pushing information through you CPU faster than it can handle, so you graphics are bottlenecking at your very old CPU. Also, yet not relevent to your issue, depending on your OS 8 Mb RAM is almost asuredly more than you can even utilize. In short, buy a faster CPU, or a compleete mainboard with a faster CPU, and you should be able to runn ICC25 with high to ultra graphics and notice you latency more than your framerate.

Definately your CPU. With all the peope running around in a 25 man, plus all the spells and AoE going on all around you, a 2.2GHz CPU can't handle all of that going on.

Hope you can get those extra frames :)

Somethings wrong with your PC. Mine crappy old 9500gt with Athlon64 3000+ (single core) runs wow 30 FPS average on ICC.

Everything on that system is easily powerful enough except for the graphics card (Radeon 3200).What I recommend sense your power supply is easily strong enough to handle is buying the Radeon 5670 graphics card. The ups for this card is that it runs pretty much every game out today in high settings full resolution really well, and from expierence it can handle WOW at the top highest of highs in visual settings. Also it is DX11 so any new games or software that have that you will be able to use. The card is "http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161334&cm_re=radeon_5670_1gb-_-14-161-334-_-Product" <there and that is the 1gb version, it is just 15 or so dollars more than the 512 mb version.

Back