Need suggestion for purchasing unbranded PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need new pc (unbranded) and looking for ur suggestion:

1- Which processor type is good, intel Pentium M, intel core duo , intel core 2 duo or intel celeron.

2- what is highest processor speed available in the market and how much it will cost me (unbranded).

3- I also need suggestion for choosing RAM, harddisk, clock speed and other necessary hardware.

I will go for Windows XP and pc purpose is work and biz

Hey Diya, Welcome to Techspot! :wave:

I'd recommend an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2180 for your needs. Get any good-quality kit (meaning avoid the Value RAM) from either Corsair, Crucial or OCZ. DDR2 800MHz 2GB kits are very cheap and will work in any motherboard you choose. I specifically recommend the Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L as a good, cheap motherboard.
As for the drives, I'd recommend any Seagate hard drive of your choice of capacity, and a DVD burner from Pioneer, Lite-On, LG or Samsung. Also, a PSU will be needed, and an Antec Earthwatts 380W will do fine. The case I leave upto you.

If you want, specify a budget and your location and I'll link you to the appropriate parts.

What type of business will you be using it for? Photo editing, generic documents like charts and papers, 3d editing? Name the specific use and budget and we'll help you. :)

What type of business will you be using it for? Photo editing, generic documents like charts and papers, 3d editing? Name the specific use and budget and we'll help you. :)

I work as freelancer designer and dev. i am webmaster of 5-6 sites. i am also in SEO, and designing biz and in future i m planning to start webhosting biz.

also plz suggest me about processor speed.

I work as freelancer designer and dev. i am webmaster of 5-6 sites. i am also in SEO, and designing biz and in future i m planning to start webhosting biz.

also plz suggest me about processor speed.

anyone will help me.

my friend how bought new pc told me that intel core duo or dual core with 2 ghz will cost me 200$-250$ with 512mb ram is it costly or the price is responable?

On the procesors, you dont really want a pentium M, and for a desktop, you don't want a celeron either. Just stick with the E2180 or for more power, and E7200/7300.

On the procesors, you dont really want a pentium M, and for a desktop, you don't want a celeron either. Just stick with the E2180 or for more power, and E7200/7300.

E7200 is a desktop model and what about motherboard and other devices?

Is that for only the CPU and the RAM or for the whole PC?
no in 200$ i will get full processor.

$200 - $250 for a dual core and 512mb of ram would be expensive. The E2180 is at ≈2ghz (i think?) and is about $100 (i think???) plus 512 mb of ram is dirt cheep...like say $50 max?

It is expensive for only a processor and such a low amount of RAM. If the CPU was an E8400, then I'd probably agree that it's okay because it's for around $180 or so but if it's not, then you are being ripped off.

If it's for a PC, it's not bad. I'd add another gig of RAM though, especially since it's so cheap nowadays.

It is expensive for only a processor and such a low amount of RAM. If the CPU was an E8400, then I'd probably agree that it's okay because it's for around $180 or so but if it's not, then you are being ripped off.

If it's for a PC, it's not bad. I'd add another gig of RAM though, especially since it's so cheap nowadays.

ok will u plz suggest me how much RAM and hard disk and processor speed do i need?

I am also looking help regarding processor model including prices.

how do u know the prices of ram and motherboards?

hey will u plz share ur knowledge how do u get this info that which processor is more powerfull

I find those comparison charts to be only usefull for seeing a list of procesors. Either way i think we can assume we are going to use an E7200/7300

I find those comparison charts to be only usefull for seeing a list of procesors. Either way i think we can assume we are going to use an E7200/7300

why not E2180 many ppl are giving vote for E2180?

and how much E7200 or E7300 will cost me. intel site link is not for me coz in my country $ is not our currency and converting into my currency is also not a solution.

The E7200 is just a bit more powerful than the E2180. The prices (USD) are similar and both are great choices for the price.

I think the E7200 would cost you around $150 if i am not wrong.

But depends where do you get it from.

Regards

That's a good price, equal to what it's sold for elsewhere.

ok thanks to all of you.

here are estimating prices in pak rs, which shopkeeper is giving:
Processor No. DC 2.0 - Price 5800
Motherboard: DG 31 PR - Price 5000
Ram: 1GB - Price 1700
Hard disk: 80 gb - Price 3300
Chassis: 1700 - Price 1700
DVD R combo - Price 1900

Total: 19400 Pak RS.

so is he charing the right price?

Status
Not open for further replies.