Need to buy graphics card

neowing

Hello ?

My computer was build by "TechSpot PC Buying Guide" in several years that I don't remember it.

However it's spec is following:

"ASUS - Z87-PRO" and "i5 - 4670 LGA 1150"

"GTX 760 - I think this is 4GB Memory Size.

Currently I want to buy Graphic Card that is "Great for 4K".
But I don't want spend over $400.

Anyone know best choice ?

And Graphic Card must be Nvidia.

Last edited:
GeForce GTX 960 4GB
GTX 970,
Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 480,
NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Cards VCQK2200-PB

Add them all to your comparison List

GeForce GTX 960 4GB
GTX 970,
Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 480,
NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Cards VCQK2200-PB

Add them all to your comparison List

I want to ask about the game: SKYRIM.
I have over 250 mods and my current system cannot handle CTD.

I am afraid of thinking that 4GB will CTD. <---- Current Graphic Card is 4GB.
Also, I want to know what is "GDDR5"
My mainboard is not support "GDDR5"

I mean the specification did not tell me about support GDDR 5.

Generally CTDs are caused by software bugs or faulty hardware. Inadequate hardware shouldn't be causing it. If you're crashing with 250 mods it's probably caused by a bug in one of them or an inability of the game to handle that many.

3840x2160 is four times the pixels of 1920x1080 so it's very, very demanding. Not quite four times as demanding, but certainly 3-3.5x.

I'm not sure what type of dollars your budget is in, but if Maria Moore's suggestions are at the top of your budget then there's a good chance you'll be turning the graphical settings aside from resolution down instead of up (if you're on 1920x1080 right now).

GPUs have working memory just like your CPU does, but unlike your CPU system memory it comes bundled with the graphics processor. Common types right now are DDR3 (NOT GDDR3), GDDR5, GDDR5X and HBM. There's no requirement for it to be compatible with your motherboard as it's not directly connected to it.

GDDR5 is based on DDR3 but trades away latency for extra bandwidth as that benefits graphics cards more.

Thank you for suggestion !
And I will buy "GTX 960 or 970" when I see the sale in my country.

For now, I will try low down resolution however, you mean game resolution or desktop resolution or both ?

Back