Need to rewrite circuit in a keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look inside the keyboard you will see 3 thin sheets of plastic.

On one of these sheet, at the edge, I found a line that looks "erased" at one tiny spot. this line connects to the keys that aren't working.

I need to find a way to rewrite this line. Any one know how to do this?

You could possibly try either some foil tape or draw the line back in with a standard graphite pencil. I have no idea if either of these will work, but what the hell :)

Keyboards can be found very very cheaply nowadays. i would go for the new keyboard option myself.

Good luck .

I know

I know they can be got cheap but I also know I have ~5 keyboards that all have a simualar problem like this and if I can get them working 5 x $20 = $100 so it is more then worth it. plus circuit writer pens are $10-17.

We do thousands of keyboards, and never have seen the problem. In general, you do not have to see the circuit in a dark color for it to be working perfectly... Encoding is generally not visible... but if there is damage, such as a scratch or something that appears to be an abrasion, then yuou do have a problem.
Keyboards are cheap. Used keyboards are very inexpensive. Why waste your time on something that will probably not work.

Because it give something to do

I have several keyboards that have several keys that do not work and are made with the thin plastic you see in the pic. I looked at them and each one has a dot on the edge in some place that looks like the line was washed out or erased. The lines that are erased connect to the unworking keys. If I can get these working with a simple fix great if not no loss. I am just looking for different ways this might be fixed. Also I think the damage is from one person that tends eat at the computer and may be spilling stuff. I do not want to buy a keyboard everytime this person screw up their keyboard.

Butcher a keyboard's usb wire, take the cooper (maybe its not copper, but its conductive) and tape it on :p. Graphite pencil lines conduct a tiny bit.

Well good luck to you. If you ever get it fingered out, let us know. Your experience with embedding circuits is different than mine, and time is too valuable when good used keyboards in our are $5.00 and new ones are $12.

Whatever the problem, I cannot imagine it will be fixable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back