Need to sell my PC, No idea what it is worth?

redrabbit77

I want to sell my Sony VAIO VGC-RA810G system. Comes complete with Monitor, Keyboard/mouse, and NICE speakers set. I have not upgraded it. It's about 4 yrs old. Very good condition, lite office use. Any ideas on what I should charge for it? I was considering to bundle it with my HP Laserjet 1022 printer & an older Epson Scanner, and sell it locally.

Please can anyone take a stab as to price for this complete system only?

Some Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.6 GHz processor
250GB Hard-drive
DVD R+DL drive & 1 CD drive, 1 floppy drive
Expansion Bays 2 x 5.25" Half-Height (External Access) • 1 x 3.5" Third-Height (External Access) • 2 x 3.5" Third-Height (Internal Access)
Expansion Slots PCI Express x16 x 1 • PCI Express x1 x 1 • PCI x 2
RAM Technology DDR SDRAM
Installed RAM 1 GB
Max Supported RAM 2 GB
Number of Memory Slots 2 x 184 Pin DIMMs
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition

Not very much, nothing over about $120 I would say? Thats more of a guess, I would think it depends more on what the customer decides he/she wants to pay, so sparkle that case :).

im with HK, 100$ maybe if you find the right buyer, problem is that for less than 300 you can get dual core amd DDR2 system at walmart.

You lost 50% of the value when you bought it and used it.
Other than that, what you can get is what your local market will handle... and there are definitely better deals against which you will be competing... Motherboard prices drop dramatically every three weeks... and at six months, the original value is gone.

drop dramatically every three weeks... and at six months, the original value is gone.
Yes, but it is still a working computer, which can do most of the tasks people will do on a newer budget computer anyway, thats why I put the price higher than it is really worth, because people don't need to pay a slightly higher price for much better hardware.

Help! Need to sell my PC....

Thanks guys! I will list it locally, see what happens. It is a great computer in super shape, and has its monitor & stereo system...so maybe I will get a little more.
Thanks much for the input!!

I'm UK, not US, and I'd say that would go at around £100 here ($164, apparently). The climate for computer purchases must be different in the US, or the pricing, at least.

Back