Neowin: LG G Flex Review

Neowin

neowin flex review android lg lg g flex

In the latter part of 2013, two companies decided to try something different by debuting devices with curved displays. While Samsung has yet to introduce its device to the majority of the world, LG has successfully launched the G Flex to a global market. What is perhaps most unique about the G Flex is not only its curved design, but also its ability to actually lay flat under unintended stress.

LG, a long-term player in the smartphone market, for the most part has created forgettable devices for the mid to low-end market. Even LG’s previous flagships like the Optimus 2X/4X, have failed to gain traction.

Slowly re-building its efforts over the past couple of years, LG has slowly blossomed into creating recognizable flagship devices. It has been a long and arduous journey, but LG is finally getting close to success after being tasked with creating Google’s Nexus 4 and 5. Utilizing the momentum, LG has created some of its own flagship devices like the G2, G2 Pro and G Pad devices.

Read the rest of the review.

This article is brought to you in partnership with Neowin.

Permalink to story.

They can bend it all they want, a 6" 720p phone isn't gonna sell, and especially not with G3's 5.5" 1440p screen out there from May 28.

The mobile buyer seems to be evolving, to look pass useless gimmicks and focus on things that matter.

P.S. From The Wolf of Wall Street: "Stop flexing your muscles, Jordan, you look like a f. imbecile!" :)

Last edited:
720p is too low for a 6" handset. I appreciate the thought LG, but you needed to go the extra mile on this one and just didn't.

They can bend it all they want, a 6" 720p phone isn't gonna sell, and especially not with G3's 5.5" 1440p screen out there from May 28.

The mobile buyer seems to be evolving, to look pass useless gimmicks and focus on things that matter.

P.S. From The Wolf of Wall Street: "Stop flexing your muscles, Jordan, you look like a f. imbecile!" :)
I agree with Nobina to an extent, it's gimmicky so it should sell fairly well, hell, it may even mature into something better if it sells well enough but I'll pass on it.

Transparent models are coming so most of this tech will be replaced. Transparent flex would be neat. Also smartphones should boot-up and ask you do you want to load- Android, Windows or iOS. Give you a choice of which OS to load.

Lol you guys have it wrong. This phone is beast. 720 is still considered HD technically. You can't even tell because it's a phone lol. This phone has been the best mobile purchase since my original iphone back in 2007. The best feature is the ability to control any television and cable system due to the infrared port of the back. The screen is perfect for media consumption. When people say "why is your phone so big" I pause and reply "why is your phone so small if it's the most looked at device in your daily life?"they pause then grin in agreement. 6' phones will be the norm within two years- I'm calling it.

Back