Net Neutrality: Here's all you need to know about it, in a hilarious yet informative video

Julio Franco

Staff member

For over two years we've kept you up to date on the subject of net neutrality, a crucial discussion for anyone who cares about the internet as we know it, but at the same time a complex and tedious topic. If you've indeed grown bored with the ins and outs of net neutrality, the 13-minute video above will get you up to speed, will give you a clear call to action, and in the process take away a few laughs (highly recommended!).

The video is from John Oliver's HBO show 'Last Week Tonight' where he ultimately said the cause of net neutrality should be called "Preventing Cable Company F**kery." The video has gone viral but has yet to hit a million views (since Sunday night), nonetheless 24 hours later the FCC was having issues with its website, as the agency "experienced technical difficulties with our comment system."

Permalink to story.

Ya know, this really was educational. Time to troll ?
Shame that, they have a monopoly and so much money that they can buy enough lube to F everyone in the A, and pay the government off to look the other way...

That was the closest to perfect explanation of net neutrality that anyone will ever see. I only know John Oliver from his fairly minor role in Community(great show, I hope someone picks it up for a 6th season) and he didn't do a bad job at all. But this was like seeing a wild animal in its natural habit. He tore it up and it was beautiful to watch.

This was great! I just showed it to everyone in my office. Hopefully the trolls will pull through for us in our time of need.

Back