Network connection not working

Hi all,

Last night my computers connection was working fine, then I left it in sleep mode overnight (I don't usually do this) and now I cannot connect to the Internet.

I've noticed the IP address for the ethernet connection is 169.254.131.155 which (from having to reconfigure printers at work) basically means its not connected. Also it's probably worth noting I don't have an ethernet going directly to the router, it connects to a plug in my bedroom wall and then there's another plug connected to the router downstairs. It's never caused any issues before.

Ive tried all the standard resetting stuff and none of that's worked. Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

OK, new question... As soon as I clicked post topic my Internet connection is back up so, how do I delete a thread? :p

OK, new question... As soon as I clicked post topic my Internet connection is back up so, how do I delete a thread? :p
Hi No need to delete thread. Just say "Thank you" and what you did to fix your problem if you know. Staff will handle the thread if it's necessary. Thanks for posting back. A lot of members don't!

The purpose of help forums is to supply helpful information.
If you get something fixed, telling us how you got it fixed helps everyone.

Back