Network problem after fall creator update

Deusest

My pc is going through a weird problem after the update. I have a personal hotspot device that I connect to to PC via USB tethering. It used to work fine but after this update it connects and opens websites like GOOGLE, FACEBOOK but fails to load other website. However all these website work fine on my devices connected to the same network. I checked the network adapter settings and IPV4 settings are checked and I clicked on configure and the on advanced and it seems my pc is unable to detectnetwork address. Please help

Ps. Trouble shoot says “local area connection doesn’t have valid ip confirguration”

Last edited:
Typically, I disable IPv6 in my router and on my PC - - home users NEVER need this so why expose yourself to specific issues related?

Do not configure the Network manually and let the router DHCP do that for you. If you've diddled with the settings, remove them all.

After making the change, power off the PC, then the router (even if you only change the PC).
Wait 30 sec and power up the router. Wait another 30 sec and then boot the PC.

Ill
Typically, I disable IPv6 in my router and on my PC - - home users NEVER need this so why expose yourself to specific issues related?

Do not configure the Network manually and let the router DHCP do that for you. If you've diddled with the settings, remove them all.

After making the change, power off the PC, then the router (even if you only change the PC).
I’ll give this a shot. Thanks

Same problem

Hi if you post the things you have tried, then we wouldn't repeat them. This suggestion helped 222 users. I posted this in a reply above.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...(je6NUbpObpQ-pZhvanWioIhnfP1WsCYf6A)()&auth=1
Did you try it?
I did check that if IPV4 was selected which it was.
I’ve tried resetting the network.
I’ve checked the services to see if any off the essential services were not working.
Ping test did not return anything
I tried releasing and renewing IP but it didn’t work
I’ve tried disabling ipv6 on both router and many machine but it did not work.
I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 in hope to fix the problem. It’s certainly a windows problem because my hotspot works fine for other devices.
I do appreciate the effort you are putting in but nothing has helped me so far.

Hi Thank you for your reply. You did well in posting things you have tried. I would have thought a clean install would have fixed your problem. It seems that you are very computer savvy. Are you running the latest creator build??
I have never tried using a hotspot. You can get the latest Windows 10 fall creator update here. I'm running out of ideas.;)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Here's a link from MS. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027762/windows-use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Hi Thank you for your reply. You did well in posting things you have tried. I would have thought a clean install would have fixed your problem. It seems that you are very computer savvy. Are you running the latest creator build??
I have never tried using a hotspot. You can get the latest Windows 10 fall creator update here. I'm running out of ideas.;)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Here's a link from MS. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027762/windows-use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot
It was fine before build 1709. After I did a clean install with fall creator update the issue popped up. It was absolutely fine before this. Never had a problem. It’s working fine on my laptop via usb or WiFi. I’m able to browse all website on my laptop and iPad but on my pc with latest update I can only open couple of websites like google everything else fails to load.

Hi Are you able to go into Update & Security- Windows updates-View update history-Uninstall updates; And uninstall the latest update? I doubt if Windows will let you? It could be a fall creator bug.:)

Hi. I'm shooting from the hip. Trying to think of suggestions. Wondering if you have this problem in safe mode? My thinking is a software conflict, but I really think its a MS issue. You might try another clean install? That will take a long time. Will check back tomorrow.
Hoping other members smarter then myself will join us.;)

Hi Are you able to go into Update & Security- Windows updates-View update history-Uninstall updates; And uninstall the latest update? I doubt if Windows will let you? It could be a fall creator bug.:)
Since I did a clean install I cannot uninstall the updates.
It could be fall creator bug but I’m willing to download another copy of Windows and give that a shot. For some reason the copy I downloaded of windows 10 home was only 3.54gb I used my laptop to download the iso. It’s runnign Windows 10 1703. I did not update my laptop but only my pc.

You are very welcome. I have enjoyed working with you. You are very computer savvy and it's a pleasure working with you.
Windows 10 upgrade can be very aggravating. I hope you get your issue solved. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Hopefully Windows 10 will get better in the future. I have been fortunate, and I've been able to solve all my problems so far.

Even a new windows installation didn’t fix it. For some reason I don’t understand why I get the iso size of 3.54gn from Microsoft. It used to be over 4gb for previous update. Could that be a reason for missing features?

Even a new windows installation didn’t fix it. For some reason I don’t understand why I get the iso size of 3.54gn from Microsoft. It used to be over 4gb for previous update. Could that be a reason for missing features?
Hi! Here's my USB flash Windows 10.Capture26.JPG

Well that about same as mine. I called Microsoft tech support. He just said to change my isp. Wish they could be of Little more help. It seemed they didn’t care. Obviously it’s not isp’s fault when I can browse websites like techspot on my iPad or laptop. It seems to be an issue with remote ndis driver with new creator update. Do you have any source for previous version of remote NDIS based internet sharing device driver? That’s the last idea I have but so far I’ve failed to find the driver.

Back