New build computer freezing, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello techspot community new member here :)
I am realy stuck at the moment, I am having problems with the new computer that I built today. Every time I start it up it just freezes at the startup screen where it says "press <del> for BIOS setup". Occasionaly it would enter the bios setup screen before freezing there..
I really have no idea where the problem might be coming from. The motherboard is brand new (asus P5N-D) aswell as my processor ( intel core2 quad Q9650)
other parts include a dvd rewriter, a hd, a graphics card and a wifi pci card.

EDIT: complete list of components:

* Asus P5N-D mobo
* Intel core2 quad q9650
* XFX Nvidia geforce 9600gt
* Kingston 2GB DDR2 800MHz Dimm Ram
* HITACHI 320GB 3.5" PC SATA HARD DRIVE
* Sitecom wl-121 wireless pci card
* Sony Optiarc AD-5240S-0B 24x DVDR
* Win Power 750W psu

Please help! any idea where the problem might be coming from/ how to fix it??
i will give more info if needed

Thanks!

Is your RAM new as well? Asus makes great boards but they are quite well known about being very picky about the RAM installed on each and every model of motherboard they make.

For each board model they have a recommended vendor list and the acceptable version for each memory manufacturer's inventory. For example Corsair makes several offerings but not all Corsair will be recommended for a particular motherboard model even if said RAM is DDR2 and it matches timings and voltage. Is this clear?

please list your complete specs, Asus in know for being persnickety about ram compatibility, its not OCZ ram is it?

EDIT: never mind, Route beat me to it :p :)

ok thanks for the tips!, i just verified the part no. of my ram and i couldnt find it in the list although i thought i took it from there :S
That could be the prob, if not could it be anything else?

Yeah! For the very first time ever I beat red1776.

@ saemsaem0 when it comes to PCs it can be anything but when it comes to Asus motherboards and memory this is usually the first question for me because it bears out very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back