New build Gigabyte X570 MB - fast/ultrafast boot - getting into bios?

wiyosaya

It has been what seems like ages, and I'm building a new system with the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite MB - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf
I am going to do a UEFI install of Windows 10 x64 to an M.2 drive. The last time I built a system, the MB was the ASRock X79 Extreme6.

With the ASRock board, enabling ultrafast UEFI boot required the use of a desktop program called "Reboot to UEFI" to get into the bios. If I made the boot mode only fast, I could set a default timeout in the BIOS so that I could press the delete key in plenty of time to get into the bios. Using Reboot to UEFI was specifically mentioned in the MB manual as necessary to get into the bios with the ultrafast boot option.

I have looked at the Gigabyte manual, and I note that there is nothing in the manual about not being able to get into the bios, nor do I see any setting that would allow me to set a timeout before the board boots if I enable fast/ultrafast boot. I also do not see any utility programs on the Gigabyte web site that are the equivalent of the ASRock "Reboot to UEFI" utility.

Anyone out there have a recent Gigabyte MB that you have set to fast or Ultrafast boot? If so, is there anything special, like with my ASRock MB, that I would need to do to get into the bios if the board Gigabyte MB is set for fast/ultrafast boot, or would I just have to press the delete key?

Thanks in advance.

Back